Worst one...

I've not posted in here before because I come from a family where there wasn't food on the table every day. When there was it was bread and potatoes if we were lucky, plain flour and water only pancakes if not. So I would literally eat anything with gratitude includung offal which I grew up thinking was meat. I didn't realise it was innards. lol.

But one day we were fed something so vile I'd rather starve, so I did, and still wont eat it. Cod roe. ;vo

I understand Rose. I am totally not a fan of roe. Cod roe might be the worst.

No, cod roe is fish eggs from the cod. Although herring fermented in lye sounds equally disgusting.
My great grandma and all the other relatives were from Sweden. I remember in their basement they had vats of this stuff. Old oak barrels. Raw it smells horrible but the smell diminishes a bit when you cook it. So they installed a stove in the basement and vented everything directly outside.:p

Lime marmalade is one of my favourites, but again it brings me out in a rash, so is a love hate relationship with it. Took me years to work it out because it takes about 3 days to show up.

The thing in the photo is our native Scottish haggis. ;) That one a left-footer by the look of it (one side is longer than the other so they don't fall off the hills)

Okay Rowan you only get to use that farce one time. I looked it up and that animal is fictional! You are so lucky that I don’t release my jackalope on you and your hairy haggis!

Okay Rowan you only get to use that farce one time. I looked it up and that animal is fictional! You are so lucky that I don’t release my jackalope on you and your hairy haggis!

WandS, as a Scot I'm horrified. The animal I have been hunting and eating all these years is fictional? Maybe that explains why I'm always still hungry after my hairy haggis dinner. Lol.

Ok, I have to ask WandS ... what is a jackalope please?

It’s like a haggis with antlers...

C3D6F7FF-949B-4521-87EE-0DB3F39DAA87.jpeg

My great grandma and all the other relatives were from Sweden. I remember in their basement they had vats of this stuff. Old oak barrels. Raw it smells horrible but the smell diminishes a bit when you cook it. So they installed a stove in the basement and vented everything directly outside.:p
The Vikings were pretty tough,even their diet was extreme by the sounds of it Paintman,lol.

Reactions: Paintman