White Castle Mania

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
World’s largest White Castle runs out of burgers on day 1

The new White Castle, largest ever, sold out of burgers in less than 24 hours of opening. Some people had waited in line for 4 days to be at the opening and to get the holy grail of burgerdom.

Are you a fan? Do you have them in your area? Here in Indiana they are held sacred...lol My son travels from Illinois to visit and always visits the White Castle in town as IL seems to be missing the little gems.

What is your favorite burger out there and is White Castle on that list?

View attachment 20913

Reactions: Duke
Once in a blue moon I will go to White Castle.15 pack and a shake.
Have a soft spot for Burger King.
We have a local chain in Chicago that does Smash Burgers.
It's a thin Patty on a griddle, and then you smash it down and it gets a little bit of crunch.
Still have a thing for my Brazilian Gaucho Burger with chimichurri. Use the McCormick seasoning and Gouda cheese.
And the Oktoberfest Burger. I saute the onions in a hot mustard. And put it on a pretzel bun, with ham and swiss.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
I remember loving these burgers back in the day, didn't realize that they were still around! You can buy them frozen in some grocery stores, but that of course wouldn't be the same.

Reactions: Paulm
These are only available in the freezer isle around me and always have been (California). I do love those but would really like to taste them made fresh to order. I have a feeling nothing beats In-N-Out though :p Lol

Been a White Castle devotee for decades, I'm a jalapeno double cheeseburger guy. Never have been a fan of their fries or onion chips, however.

There have been, and are, imitators, but they don't measure up. In the South there are Krystal Burgers, but they lack the flavor and texture of White Castle burgers. They also put mustard and catsup on Krystals.

Back in the 80s, a mini-chain called "West Castle" opened in the Los Angeles area. I ate at one in Long Beach. They were fairly close to White Castle burgers, but White Castle took legal action and shut them down.

The photo on my phone home screen is my then four year old granddaughter eating her first White Castle. Great picture, but she hated the burger.

We have them here in MI. I love them with no mustard or ketchup, just cooked in onions and onto the bun. I think the secret to these little gems is the steamed buns from putting them in the little open boxes. The grilled onion grease has probably caused millions of digestive issues lol, but well worth it.

Been a White Castle devotee for decades, I'm a jalapeno double cheeseburger guy. Never have been a fan of their fries or onion chips, however.

There have been, and are, imitators, but they don't measure up. In the South there are Krystal Burgers, but they lack the flavor and texture of White Castle burgers. They also put mustard and catsup on Krystals.

Back in the 80s, a mini-chain called "West Castle" opened in the Los Angeles area. I ate at one in Long Beach. They were fairly close to White Castle burgers, but White Castle took legal action and shut them down.

The photo on my phone home screen is my then four year old granddaughter eating her first White Castle. Great picture, but she hated the burger.
yep its Krystal down here, no Whitecastles around, but krystal dosnt put ketchup on them, its mustard only, and you cant order them without the onions either...lol..... to me they are almost identical in taste though. not really enough difference to tell....and are probably about equal in the laxative range also....lol

yep its Krystal down here, no Whitecastles around, but krystal dosnt put ketchup on them, its mustard only, and you cant order them without the onions either...lol..... to me they are almost identical in taste though. not really enough difference to tell....and are probably about equal in the laxative range also....lol

Must be variations with individual franchises, I know I had catsup on those I had in Murfreesboro, TN and I think it was either Jackson or Columbus, MS.

Not even close in flavor for me. Not better or worse, just different.

Reactions: Lynne