What would shock them?

I remember twenty cents per gallon. A dollar's worth would be good enough to cruise all night.

In 1970-71, my older brother worked at a Clark station directly across the street from a Sohio station. They had frequent gas wars (at least until 1973), including one where gas got down to 17.9 cents/gal. For that price you got your gas pumped, windshield washed, and tires/oil checked if requested. Then there were the promotions stations ran such as free drinking glasses, lucky licence plate number contests, etc.

In 1970-71, my older brother worked at a Clark station directly across the street from a Sohio station. They had frequent gas wars (at least until 1973), including one where gas got down to 17.9 cents/gal. For that price you got your gas pumped, windshield washed, and tires/oil checked if requested. Then there were the promotions stations ran such as free drinking glasses, lucky licence plate number contests, etc.
I remember those days well...sigh. I got a whole set of glassware AND silverware! lol Plus a full tank on like less than two bucks.

Corduroy pants.
I miss TV being a communal thing. The next day we would stand around the water cooler in fourth grade and discuss what Fonzie did. Or the Monkees reruns.
Cords...oh dear Goddess. They should be banned and burned! Awful things!

I remember those days when everyone had discussions about the latest episode, instead of everyone saying "No spoilers!"

Cords...oh dear Goddess. They should be banned and burned! Awful things!

I remember those days when everyone had discussions about the latest episode, instead of everyone saying "No spoilers!"

I had a college professor who had a number of corduroy suits, complete with vests. There was a green one that him look like the "Lucky Charms" leprechaun.

Waiting for your film to development. No selfies.

69373578_3021680057874611_3511639826136825856_n (Small).jpg