This is what it’s like to be dead, according to a guy who died for two minutes

I supposed he was one of the fortunate ones to come back for a second or third chance!

Some don't come back and are left to wander and wonder. The article made me think of a piece of evidence I had captured during an investigation inside an old hotel. Room 248 will always be in my memory. It's one of my all-time favorite EVP's. "Am I Alive or Am I Dead"?

We hadn't even started investigating the room, but were getting ready to start an EVP session when this evidence was captured. I thought she must have wondered because other teams (it was during an Investigative Group Conference) had come in and out of that room during the night. They probably asked questions which made her wonder what was going on. We were just the lucky ones to receive her question. After hearing this, I went back to the room and tactfully explained to her the situation and that she needed to move on. I'm confident that she did.

I've included a video of the evidence here. The Kenilworth Lodge has since been condemned. It's over 100 years old and due to code violations too numerous and costly to correct, it lies empty until the city of Sebring decides what to do with it. Hopefully they can somehow bring it back to life.

You have a privacy setting set on the video, hon.

• Wow
Reactions: Donna Lee
So Oz, you heard from your Brother after his death? He must have wanted you to know...and to know his love.
I think he was trying to calm me,I didn't know had died at the time.Days later,when I was in a pretty bad state his voice came to me and said "It's just pure love".I have never had a fear of myself dying since then.Thanks for the kind words Wands.

I think he was trying to calm me,I didn't know had died at the time.Days later,when I was in a pretty bad state his voice came to me and said "It's just pure love".I have never had a fear of myself dying since then.Thanks for the kind words Wands.
Oz, your Brother’s word which you’ve posted for others to read are endearing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your loves with us all.

Two minutes may not mean the same thing as truely dead. It may take a while for the mind to either adapt or fade totally away depending on ??? Sometimes when I sleep there is nothing and then sometimes when I sleep my dreams are vivid and very real. To say that either one is what happens when you sleep leaves out the reality of the other. We can't really grasp what death is because we don't truly understand life yet. Sometimes my dreams are so real that when I awake I'm not sure for a little while which is a dream and which is reality or IF there is any true difference. Maybe they are both only creations of my mind.

The "darkness" that he experienced might have simply been like the quiet moment in the dark before they roll the movie in the old theaters. Your eyes adapted a bit to the dark and then the movie sort of burst forth bright and loud. Most movie places now seem to have lost most of the theatrics of the old places. They are too busy trying to get you to go to the concession area or advertising things for that sort of thing. I can assure you that if I have anything to say about MY afterlife it will be much more theatric than that. I say this because from my limited experience I believe that to some extent we will choose a part of what we experience. Maybe the afterlife is like one of those BIG movie places that have several different movies running all the time and what you get is what you choose.

I much prefer to think that I won't be saddled with my flaws over and over and that what passes on is more my pure essence and not the twisted and damaged personality that each life has made of me. Do "I" create "me" over and over in the world??? or do I create the world each time and play a new game. My concept of God is a rather personal one where you have one creator from which all things come so to some extent we are all each and individually God in our own creation and together as one force. THAT should be clear as mud right? Life and death are just the names of two towns on a long highway...

I remember nearly drowning at a dangerous beach here at age 12.When I went under for the third time the struggle was over and a deep sense of calm took over.My short life flashed before me like a slideshow.I believe it is the brain shutting down,then I was thrown onto a surfboard by a chance surfer and paddled in.If I went past this stage I'd imagine it being black for some time and then the other side.Death isn't bad at all but we struggle through life from the beginning,it's just part of our genes as a creature of Earth,that's the mystery imo.

I supposed he was one of the fortunate ones to come back for a second or third chance!

Some don't come back and are left to wander and wonder. The article made me think of a piece of evidence I had captured during an investigation inside an old hotel. Room 248 will always be in my memory. It's one of my all-time favorite EVP's. "Am I Alive or Am I Dead"?

We hadn't even started investigating the room, but were getting ready to start an EVP session when this evidence was captured. I thought she must have wondered because other teams (it was during an Investigative Group Conference) had come in and out of that room during the night. They probably asked questions which made her wonder what was going on. We were just the lucky ones to receive her question. After hearing this, I went back to the room and tactfully explained to her the situation and that she needed to move on. I'm confident that she did.

I've included a video of the evidence here. The Kenilworth Lodge has since been condemned. It's over 100 years old and due to code violations too numerous and costly to correct, it lies empty until the city of Sebring decides what to do with it. Hopefully they can somehow bring it back to life.

Wow that’s very clear!!

Reactions: Donna Lee
Wow that’s very clear!!
Yes, Lynne it is! There was no editing other than to snip it out from the original. It was captured on 2 of the 4 recorders in the room. The 2 that captured it were on the same table, next to me and my team mate Kari. We were excited and sad when we heard this, but it's one of the best communications we'd ever captured. Thanks for listening!