The Prophecy Project

There you go, a perfect example of what I meant.

You didn't dream about the final, finished plan, because that was not in the present.
You dreamed about that which was happening (in the present) and what was happening in the present?
They were in the process of hatching a plan, xx

It's nice when you can benefit from intuition, most folks ignore it.

Reactions: jadamz
There you go, a perfect example of what I meant.

You didn't dream about the final, finished plan, because that was not in the present.
You dreamed about that which was happening (in the present) and what was happening in the present?
They were in the process of hatching a plan, xx

It's nice when you can benefit from intuition, most folks ignore it.
Hmmm. Ok. Well maybe my dreams are harvesting others present thoughts. Then properly they would be clairvoyant? I’ve had more like the water-right scheme dream.

Reactions: 7Critter
The Law of Unintended Consequences

Self-fulfilling prophecies aside, if this were to actually work, you'd quickly abandon it, because you'd never actually knew it worked, because those events wouldn't happen. That's the best case. Worst case you'd go skipping right into a paradox.

Then there's the practical considerations. Anyone here ever played a game in God mode? It gets boring very, very quickly, and takes all meaning out of the experience. Beyond that, let's say it works for you. You are going to spend your entire life trying to "fix" things without understanding the greater implications. It sounds terrific to go back and spare Europe the Black Death - until you realize that it's the event that paved the way for the end of Feudalism and the expansion of personal rights and the middle class. You'll face multiple conflicting tasks where you have to make snap judgements on who to save and who to condemn, because now you have a personal stake in it. You are literally trying to play God, except you don't have the spiritual, physical, or intellectual capacity to do so.

Nor, in fact, do you have the credibility to do so. Ask Cassandra. Yet should you avoid her fate, then your only other options are to either become a tool of tyrants, or indeed the tyrant yourself - because if it can be abused by someone, it will be.
I like your ideas on this. When these See-ers make predictions it may be the possible future in that moment. In the next moment the future may be different due to choice and free will. Also they often don’t account for divine intervention. The thing that throws me is they NEVER predict anything good or hopeful.

Hmmm. Ok. Well maybe my dreams are harvesting others present thoughts. Then properly they would be clairvoyant? I’ve had more like the water-right scheme dream.
Mrs C I’m glad you got a warning. Your neighbors sound like nasty types. I think this type of thing is more of a warning not prophecy in the sense of the topic discussion. I think of prophecy as a prediction that effects a large group of people in a way that changes history. Although I do see micro predictions can be considered prophetic. For the sake of discussion I think we’re talking life altering predictions.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
I read that the great leaders in world history were people who visualized the world or life in general as being changed. Their efforts to created what they believed could be done. Many people who aren't leaders just don't make the effort to turn a vision or concept into living it and influencing others.

Well o.k.
Perhaps I was a bit quick to dismiss the idea.

My personal view is, Prophesy is possible and of course it does happen.
However, when we do it, we aren't seeing the future; instead, we often times are seeing only the present.
We are seeing an event that is only in the process of developing, not yet fully manifested in its physical form.

This is why so often, we don't fully recognise that which we are seeing.

The formless, beginning to take form. Thank you, xx

i like this perspective

The Estate of Ingo Swann is relaunching his Prophecy Project website. It was Ingo’s idea that there is an innate warning system within us all, with the goal of serving as a data warehouse available to all who wish to share their premonitions and/or to learn from them. So here is an open invitation to anyone who experiences dreams, premonitions, visions about future events to post them using the Premonitions page. It will be interesting to see how many are pan out.

I find this an interesting discussion in general so I went to check it out and decided... Swan's 'project' seems a little glitchy to me. (not the premise, the actual project). I went to the website and then from there visited his actual website. Did all the reading etc., and ran into this

The Prophecy Project website is a relaunching by the Estate of Ingo Swann of Ingo’s idea that there is an innate warning system within us all, with the goal of serving as a data warehouse available to all to wish to share their premonitions and/or to learn from them.

The Prophecy Project – The Future Can Be Seen

Of course, I was able to access the premonition archives. But I never ran into any real evidence of Swann's abilities and background, just lot's of lecture's and endorsements by other people. Yes I know... there is his art and books and a basic offering about his abilities and paranormal/scientific work with the government/CIA... none of which substantiates Swann's claims. And his claims are substantial. Then... I got to thinking... if this guy really DID do all this secret research with the CIA, freely, basically isn't that just another case of a world government using individuals as human guinea pigs in hope's of advancing the military complex (weaponize their abilities if possible)? And THEN I thought... ehwwww... and I tiptoed out wiping my finger prints as I went.

By the time I made that journey I had lost my train of thought on the thread. I'll have to regroup. lol

I like your ideas on this. When these See-ers make predictions it may be the possible future in that moment. In the next moment the future may be different due to choice and free will. Also they often don’t account for divine intervention. The thing that throws me is they NEVER predict anything good or hopeful.

You are absolutely correct, we hardly ever think of premonitions foretelling happy events'
Mind you, psychics very often do see happy events in the future. but why don't we call these insights premonitions as well?

Is it because the human mind is forward-looking and optimistic by nature. Or the psychic is a nobody trying to be recognised as a somebody, and wishes to be seen as a saviour of humanity?

I find this an interesting discussion in general so I went to check it out and decided... Swan's 'project' seems a little glitchy to me. (not the premise, the actual project). I went to the website and then from there visited his actual website. Did all the reading etc., and ran into this

The Prophecy Project – The Future Can Be Seen

Of course, I was able to access the premonition archives. But I never ran into any real evidence of Swann's abilities and background, just lot's of lecture's and endorsements by other people. Yes I know... there is his art and books and a basic offering about his abilities and paranormal/scientific work with the government/CIA... none of which substantiates Swann's claims. And his claims are substantial. Then... I got to thinking... if this guy really DID do all this secret research with the CIA, freely, basically isn't that just another case of a world government using individuals as human guinea pigs in hope's of advancing the military complex (weaponize their abilities if possible)? And THEN I thought... ehwwww... and I tiptoed out wiping my finger prints as I went.

By the time I made that journey I had lost my train of thought on the thread. I'll have to regroup. lol
Thanks for doing the research. I’m thinking perhaps Ingo Swan’s reputation precedes him. Perhaps the project assumes anyone participating is aware of his body of work. He is a world renown remote viewer. I do see your point tho. Every study should cross every T and dot every I.

I agree that these remote viewers were used to gain advantage over our enemy’s. Uri Geller was asked to kill a goat with his mind. One can only guess what they had planned had he actually done it.

Thanks for doing the research. I’m thinking perhaps Ingo Swan’s reputation precedes him. Perhaps the project assumes anyone participating is aware of his body of work. He is a world renown remote viewer. I do see your point tho. Every study should cross every T and dot every I.

I will look into him further... my post was a first and limited impression and generally in case's like this project I will always look for the agenda first and decide later. It's my nature.

The premise of the project is thought-provoking. I'm still thinking on it... but basically I think other's here have pretty much covered my thinking. The project as defined is defeated by it's very nature. I also believe that premonitions and prophecy's are totally different things. So I am not understanding completely how one necessarily connects to other. Also, any data base of this kind and size would have to have at least some distinct boundaries to be able to begin to correlate the information into any sort of meaning. Who sets the boundaries? etc.