Spooky Movies

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THE SPOOKY SEASON HAS ARRIVED, AND WE HAVE TIME TO CURL UP AND WATCH SOME SCARY MOVIES!

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SCARY MOVIES OF ALL TIME?

DO YOU PREFER THE OLD BLACK AND WHITE FILMS?

WHICH MOVIES GIVE YOU A GOOD FRIGHT?

Reactions: Paintman
I like both in color and B&W movies! I also love too many to mention, but a couple that come to mind was a low budget called "It Follows." Another one is "Rec." And then there are the classic ones; "The Shining" and a cult classic (black and white) "Carnival of Souls."

I liked It Follows too Garnet :) It was simple yet effective in setting a tone. Always have to watch Halloween (Original). That was a masterpiece that no reboot, remake, retread, whatever, can ever compare. Shows you don't need large budgets to create a great horror film. Also was a huge fan of the original: The Fog.

a cult classic (black and white) "Carnival of Souls."

I love Carnival of Souls! Much of it was shot in Salt Lake City when I was a little kid. Seeing the downtown shots in the movie bring back my childhood memories, with my mom and dad. The old City and County building is about all that is still standing from those days. And the old Saltair is in it, before it burned down when I was about 11. For a low-budget cult film, it's actually not bad at all!

I don't like horror movies so I don't watch them, but I love sci fi and I watched one that had a very scary ending. The Arrival.