Probably Nothing

DragonFruit

Reaction score
I find this a little funny. It's probably nothing at all, just a coincidence. It will eventually get to the point haha just bear with.

I was planning on going to Newfoundland to visit my family there, my grandmother died last year and I wanted to visit my grandfather and of course my aunts and uncles and my father went down just a few days ago and my husband and I were going to go with my mother.
I was searching for plane tickets and the cost was no less than $960, so I was a little stressed because I was torn between going to Newfoundland and then having to pay off my credit card. (We already have a big expense on there because we went to Jamaica for a friends wedding in May), so I was on the fence about waiting until next spring to go so I have time to pay off the card.

I also decided to get a tattoo, I went in for a consult yesterday and they told me they wanted me to come in TODAY, and it was to be $300, I gave a $60 deposit, so $240 for my first sitting of 4 hours, not bad ! But I'm already stressing about going to Newfoundland. So why spend the money if I need to save, so I felt bad that I said "Sure I'll come in"

My husband and I got into a fight mostly because I was worried about spending so much money at once and he was stressing because I was stressing and I kept saying "I'll cancel my appointment for now" and he kept saying "no no no go"

So I was all set to go. We were cleaning up last night ( i came home from work early) and he goes to clean the litter box and said "well someone missed the box." I thought my female cat missed the box because she can't aim to save her life but really in fact our water pipe to the bathroom upstairs burst.

So I'm like, seriously? All this time worrying about spending too much and then my water pipe breaks, so it basically solved all my problems, no tattoo right now and probably no Newfoundland.

But I can't help to think something broke this pipe to either help me or upset me more. LOL I can't help but laugh.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
down here, there is an old saying......( yeah, weve got lots of those, lol ), "when it rains, it pours"....meening sometimes it seems like everything is happening at once. and stress and worry of course makes it even worse. so don't stress about it, just try to work through it, I doubt it is anything paranormal, sometimes it seems that a streak of bad luck just comes our way and all we can do is wade through it.
on the bright side, most plumbing issues can be fixed relatively inexpensively, especially if you can do it yourself, could just be a seal or fitting loosened up or a torn water line, (best scenario...10.00 fix )..... and 300. for a 4 hour sitting is a great deal, down here the average rate for a tattoo is 125.00 to 150.00 dollars an hour.so a 4 hour sitting could run upwards of 600.00 dollars. at 300. you are getting a very good price. deffinately go back to him when you are ready. (as long as it is a good, reputable shop.).
just sit back, take a deep breath, and don't let the stress get to ya too much..not worth fighting over..... it will work out in the long run...(another saying, but usually true....lol)

down here, there is an old saying......( yeah, weve got lots of those, lol ), "when it rains, it pours"....meening sometimes it seems like everything is happening at once. and stress and worry of course makes it even worse. so don't stress about it, just try to work through it, I doubt it is anything paranormal, sometimes it seems that a streak of bad luck just comes our way and all we can do is wade through it.
on the bright side, most plumbing issues can be fixed relatively inexpensively, especially if you can do it yourself, could just be a seal or fitting loosened up or a torn water line, (best scenario...10.00 fix )..... and 300. for a 4 hour sitting is a great deal, down here the average rate for a tattoo is 125.00 to 150.00 dollars an hour.so a 4 hour sitting could run upwards of 600.00 dollars. at 300. you are getting a very good price. deffinately go back to him when you are ready. (as long as it is a good, reputable shop.).
just sit back, take a deep breath, and don't let the stress get to ya too much..not worth fighting over..... it will work out in the long run...(another saying, but usually true....lol)
EXELLENT advice Paul!
Sometimes I think our stress actually effects the environment. I know it can effect how we handle things and certainly our health.

My two cents here....as someone who has lived a while :D

I think you should find a way to go see your granddad if there’s anyway possible. If he passes too for some unknown reason you will have a huge regret. Tattoos may be important to you but I’m guessing that’s something you could survive without. I say fix the pipes first, skip the tattoo . Put that 300 dollars towards the ticket to go see grandpa. You won’t regret that expense ever.

My two cents here....as someone who has lived a while :D

I think you should find a way to go see your granddad if there’s anyway possible. If he passes too for some unknown reason you will have a huge regret. Tattoos may be important to you but I’m guessing that’s something you could survive without. I say fix the pipes first, skip the tattoo . Put that 300 dollars towards the ticket to go see grandpa. You won’t regret that expense ever.
Yup you're right :D

Haha yes you're right. Thank you very much :)

Reactions: Paulm
Yup you're right :D
Go buy the ticket. Maybe grandad could help with it? I know if I wanted to see my daughter I’d fly her in. By the way, so sorry to hear you lost your grandma. Time goes too fast. My parents are in their 80 s now. I spend as much time with them as possible.

Reactions: Paulm