Predictions for life in 2100

I love these articles that predict a future that's too far off for anyone reading the article to experience and see if they were right. It's fun to go back and view these kinds of articles from decades past and see just how different our lives are compared to what was predicted.

I remember several years ago there was a documentary series on TV that was about what life would be like in the year 2050. I was excited to see it and was going to record the show on my VCR so that I could go back and re-watch it in 2050 for comparison. Then I laughed at myself for the idea as VHS tapes would be long obsolete by then.

I don't want to know if AI is going to be controlling everything, the slag heap might be better. I hope we hang on to our free will and humanity or the future will be mundane and boaring.

Reactions: 7Critter
Somewhere I have a 1948 "Popular Science" with an article predicting what life would be like in 2000. I bought it at a garage sale. As I read it, I remember thinking the article must have been the basis for much of what was written into "The Jetsons." Moving sidewalks, flying cars, robot domestics, etc.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
Somewhere I have a 1948 "Popular Science" with an article predicting what life would be like in 2000. I bought it at a garage sale. As I read it, I remember thinking the article must have been the basis for much of what was written into "The Jetsons." Moving sidewalks, flying cars, robot domestics, etc.
I really want two things from the Jetsons, the flying car and the oven that made whatever you told it. How great would that be. We aren't there yet.

Reactions: 7Critter
Roomba, people mover sidewalks, but I have to say no flying cars just yet.

Reactions: Lynne
Flying cars will never happen en masse, unless centrally controlled. There are no "fender benders" with flying cars.
Only mid-air collisions. And unless those flying cars all travel on strict "skyways", crashes will rain down on homes and businesses below.

Flying cars means the end of in-vehicle drivers.

Ready for that?

Screw it. False promise.

Flying cars will never happen en masse, unless centrally controlled. There are no "fender benders" with flying cars.
Only mid-air collisions. And unless those flying cars all travel on strict "skyways", crashes will rain down on homes and businesses below.

Flying cars means the end of in-vehicle drivers.

Ready for that?

Screw it. False promise.
Ok just one for me and you then.

• Big Grin
Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Ok just one for me and you then.

It could still happen, but I would say it's still 50 to 100 years away from relevance.

And thats a lot of time for us to blow ourselves to smithereens.

By the way, I am happy to have actually posted the word "smithereens" online.
I believe it to be a first,
for this son of a son of a diesel mechanic.