Pick your ride!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Which one are you picking and why?

406298061_901260328237784_8518379841567962579_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
Out of those in the list I would have to go with the Bond Aston Martin too.

Lots of nostalgia connected with that for me.

Is it just the car or are we assuming they are fully functional like in the movie? Because I'm hands down taking a Delorean with functioning Flux Capacitor and hover conversion. I'd also take a fully functional on board AI named KITT or the Ecto-1 with real proton packs and ghost traps. If we're talking just the vehicle, the Ferrari's and Aston Martin are cool but I couldn't afford the insurance on them. So instead I'll take the modified Falcon, she may not actually be the last of the V8s but she's still the "ducks guts"!

Speaking of Aston Martins.....

A UK company I worked with for several years did a lot of business with third world nations. The culture of many of those countries included the time honored tradition of
bribery/palm greasing, or "bakhshesh." The company had some amazing stories about "requests" made of them by the visiting officials of those nations. Most were about what you'd expect.....luxury accommodations, booze, women, shopping sprees, etc.

The best story was that of a senior military officer who asked (through a translator) if it could be arranged for him to drive an Aston Martin "like Mr. James Bond." After some research, the company found someone who agreed to rent them an Aston Martin. They delivered the car and the official to an abandoned RAF base (where the company often did testing) so it could be driven on the old runways.

The somewhat rotund officer shoehorned himself into the car and roared off down a runway, only to return a few minutes later. With some difficulty he extracted himself from the car, all the while jabbering away excitedly in his native language. After a few minutes, the translator informed the company "minder" the officer wanted to know how to activate the car's machine guns, rockets, oil dispensers, etc. When told the car wasn't so equipped, the officer angrily flipped the keys to the minder and demanded to be returned to his hotel.

I worked in a scene with "General Lee" the Dukes car. Actually, there were two of them on set at any one time in case one got wrecked.) For the shots where the car would accelerate away with smoking tires the special effects guy would spray the rear tires with lots of WD40 so the tires would spin and smoke when the driver floored it.

(Hope that doesn't spoil anything for y'all :) )

Love Aston Martin's!!!!!
Unfortunately you couldn't get 1 down my road. The road to my house is so bad we're limited on what vehicles we can buy. Prior to living here I had the jeep,BMW 6series M, BMW 540i m. I sold my 6 and we leased the 5 I was gonna lease the 8 and then we moved here. I also like the Jaguar F types. Well now I wanna move just to have fun cars again...lol!

I've spent way too much on cars and motorcycles....lol! Had I kept my 97 land cruiser and my 91 dodge ram with diesel engine I'd probably have never had to buy another car in my life.
When it comes to high-end cars just lease them.