My first (paranormal?) experience

L.S.

Reaction score
This happened when I was around 8 or 9, I had gone to the neighbors house to see what he was tinkering with in his garage that day. My father and him both worked on cars so if my father wasn't around for me to watch I'd go to said neighbors house to watch him. It was a bright sunny summer weekend, dad was sleeping cause he worked the graveyard shift as a aircraft mechanic for a major airline, so I decided to go see the neighbor. I went to his back gate but his car was blocking it and he told me to go through the house. To get to the backyard through the house you had to go through the living room, dinning room, kitchen then laundry room. So i proceeded to the backyard, as I started through the kitchen and on the left was his stove, on top of this stove he had salt & pepper shakers along with little garden gnome figurines. As I was going through the kitchen for some reason I happen to look at the figurines, I paused for a second, as I paused to look at the figurines the largest gnome turned and lunged at me. In reaction I covered my face with my hands expecting to get hit, after a few seconds and not getting hit I uncovered my face and when I looked at the figurines again they were all back where they had been. I ran to the backyard not telling anyone for years, but it has haunted me ever since. What do you guys think happened or what it was? Thank you.

Nothing I’ve ever heard of. Did this gnome just animate or did it just seem like it was just the same old gnome that came at you as if it was thrown at you?

Btw welcome to the forum LS.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Very interesting! I've had things thrown at me. Had a car door slammed into my back against the wind. Though both of those were from behind not from right in front of me.

Sounds to me like something intervened. Whether it be another spirit of a human, or angel, or Djinn, just something. Perhaps because you were a child and innocent?

The other theory, something was playing a prank of sorts on you. Before I had experience with really aggressive spirits, the main experiences I would have is spirits pretty much being pranksters.

I've recorded a lot of laughter, different types of laughter even on EVP. Spirits can definitely laugh. Some are looking for innocent entertainment, some want to scare you. Telling it to stop firmly is a good first step. If they are an intelligent haunting. They listen, they watch, they feel.

I've had a few other weird experiences through out my life that I plan on asking about on here but nothing like this ever happened again.
I think Herbal Jaguar got this nail on the head. Maybe it actually did almost hit you but something intervened and made it look like nothing happened. I’ve had experiences like that too.

Scary, especially when it’s an out of left field, seems your mind was at rest no fear no dread just boom it flew at you then it didn’t. I hope for your sake it was just head trick, some subconscious reaction to an image that for some reason holds some power over your mind. Anything more, well the thought inanimate objects coming to life, especially gnomes, they freak me out, anything More really unsettling.

Hi LS, welcome to the forum. That is certainly unexplainable. Some things we will never know! At least you weren’t harmed. That had to be scary though.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Hi LS, welcome to the forum. That is certainly unexplainable. Some things we will never know! At least you weren’t harmed. That had to be scary though.

Yeah to such a degree that it's haunted me ever since. I finally got the courage up to message his daughter on Facebook who used to baby sit me and asked about the figurines. It was the first time I told anyone other then my wife and kids and didn't want her to think I was disrespecting her fathers memory with a weird story. She was just as confused as I was because she has no memory of such figurines, but also said that her father may have got rid of them long before he pasted away and that may explain why she don't remember them.