More "AI" Entertainment

Ronin

Recall my name, on your journey to hell.
Reaction score
Well, I'll tell ya, Ronin. When they call something AI, it means to us out here in nontechie land that the thing is sentient. They need to define out the use of that word.

Reactions: Ronin
I’m not buying there’s not more sophisticated stuff out there.

Max’s chat with Microsoft’s artificial intelligence bot more like ‘Mean Girls’ than ‘2001’

Chat bot turned AI?

Yeah. That's nowhere near AI, and the Uncanny Valley for responses just shows you how far away that still is.

I really wish that reporters would at least try to understand this. It's not anywhere near an AI, it's just above the insult programs that you'd make on the TRaSh-80, with varying degrees of success on how many responses and if/thens you could load in...
i used chat bots since 1998 to govern my channel on battle.net in order to hold ops. (Ops was the one that was top in the list could ban any intruders) We would also program them to insult and get I.P's from intruders that came in to take our channel, yes I believe they have come a long way since then. Matter of fact I discussed using one in a chat room this forum had rented.

If I still have the codes I could show you my EnFoRcEr bot I created it had a dos base and would sniff the I.P of everyone that entered the channel and when ASCII was applied to it -it could flood any user offline. Dang now im gonna be up all night digging.

i used chat bots since 1998 to govern my channel on battle.net in order to hold ops. (Ops was the one that was top in the list could ban any intruders) We would also program them to insult and get I.P's from intruders that came in to take our channel, yes I believe they have come a long way since then. Matter of fact I discussed using one in a chat room this forum had rented.
Indeed, I am familiar with them. But IF-THEN-ELSE is a loooooooooooooong way from a self-aware, learning mind.

Indeed, I am familiar with them. But IF-THEN-ELSE is a loooooooooooooong way from a self-aware, learning mind.
well, not self aware at the time but it knew who you were no matter what you changed your name to by the I.P but if you used a proxy it would auto-ban (proxy could be a Wingate as well)

well, not self aware at the time but it knew who you were no matter what you changed your name to by the I.P but if you used a proxy it would auto-ban (proxy could be a Wingate as well)
Each server used on b.net at that time had its own i.p there were a total of 8 anything that was not connected to one of those servers was considered a Wingate, now using a proxy to log onto one of the servers was the most difficult issue we had at that time it took like 50 people trading code idea's or brainstorming to come up with the solution. Yes, we had a lot of time on our hands.