Lincos, a language purely based on math

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
The Story of Lincos, the Math-Based Language Created to Communicate With Extraterrestrials - The Atlantic
I've thought for a while now that if we ever wanted to make a universal language, especially to communicate with beings far more intelligent than us, we ought to make a language based entirely on mathematics, as math is a universal truth and in its own right, a language system to measure units, mass, etc.

Turns out the language exists. While the man responsible for the language didn't live to finish this language, he made a breakthrough in linguistics and the search for extra terrestrial life.

Reactions: Donna K.
The Story of Lincos, the Math-Based Language Created to Communicate With Extraterrestrials - The Atlantic
I've thought for a while now that if we ever wanted to make a universal language, especially to communicate with beings far more intelligent than us, we ought to make a language based entirely on mathematics, as math is a universal truth and in its own right, a language system to measure units, mass, etc.

Turns out the language exists. While the man responsible for the language didn't live to finish this language, he made a breakthrough in linguistics and the search for extra terrestrial life.

I dated a theoretical mathematics major a couple times in college, she spoke like that. At the end of the dates, I was the one saying, "Not tonight, I have a headache."

Well, I did impress her when I told her her rack asymptotically approached spectacular. I can honestly say I never used that line again.

Can I say "rack" here?
Heres your R- word pass :D
:creditcard:

Reactions: Duke