EClHkCbXUAUDeDP.jpg

Last edited:
Since we are a paranormal forum, I have to ask:

Have you ever had your fortune told?
Had a psychic reading?
Had your astrology chart done?
Been to a medium?
Good or bad experience?
I had my fortune told when I was about sixteen. Our dog had puppies and we were trying to find homes for them, so we were passing by a fortune teller's place and my brother, who was with me, suggested we try to sell her a puppy. She offered to tell our fortunes in return for a puppy, so I agreed. My fortune was that I was going to have six children, lol. I only had one.

I have had one or two psychic readings, but they always got suspicious of me and asked why was I consulting with them when I was psychic myself? I had no awareness that I was!

I've had my astrology chart done, but I have never consulted a medium; I'd like to!

I have never personally been to see anyone like that. In fact I have always been highly skeptical of such things, especially the people who charge for such "services". And if I see someone doing the "I'm getting a name, it's a J name, or possibly a G. I'm also getting water. Does G or J and Water mean anything to you" bit then I'm completely out.

I have had random people come up to me and say odd things. I've been told I have "old soul" eyes and that I give off a strong aura. I had one person tell me that she could see that I have a "talent" for "knowing things" and that I should study the pyramids. Being random people who approach, speak their peace and leave; I'm never sure how to take such things.

One time I was with a group of friends at a Denny's and we struck up a conversation with another group of people nearby. During the conversation one person in the other group made a comment about one of their friends being psychic. The supposed psychic appeared embarrassed and upset at her friend for bringing it up. She then said that she could do a reading but it requires a personal object that someone has carried for a long time. She said she gets stronger readings from actually touching someone but that's very unpleasant and she doesn't like doing it. One of our friends gave the psychic a key chain that our friend has carried since she was in high-school. My skeptic hat was securely fastened in place ready to see what kind of stunt this woman was trying to pull. What I witnessed was uncanny. The psychic told our friend things that none of us ever knew about her; the last conversation word for word with her father, the name she chose for the baby she miscarried her senior year of high-school and other equally specific things. Our friend tried to give this young lady money but the psychic refused, saying something to the effect of how taking money would be a misuse of her gift and she could lose it.

I'm still highly skeptical around such people but that one incident has made me question a lot of what I once believed.

I really think that most gifted people are really good at tuning into energy and reading the past seems to be the most common. They tell you what you have done and can gain your confidence this way. The problem is telling the future because you have free will. I think they can link into a probable future in your current energy at the moment but that can change with your choices and the choices of the people around you. So, when I get a reading, I think of it as a way to analyze what I am doing and the choices I may want to change. I have had a few over the years and found they were quite accurate about my past and close future events. Some are truly gifted. I don't look for readings anymore because I think it is like opening your Christmas presents early. I will take life as it comes and let's face it at the autumn and winter of life, we don't always want to know the details.

I really think that most gifted people are really good at tuning into energy and reading the past seems to be the most common. They tell you what you have done and can gain your confidence this way. The problem is telling the future because you have free will. I think they can link into a probable future in your current energy at the moment but that can change with your choices and the choices of the people around you. So, when I get a reading, I think of it as a way to analyze what I am doing and the choices I may want to change. I have had a few over the years and found they were quite accurate about my past and close future events. Some are truly gifted. I don't look for readings anymore because I think it is like opening your Christmas presents early. I will take life as it comes and let's face it at the autumn and winter of life, we don't always want to know the details.
To quote the famous movie line "There’s no fate but what we make for ourselves"

The whole concept of precognition causes me quite a bit of mental stress for all the reasons you state. Not so much anymore but in my younger days I used to have a lot of dreams that were actually visions of the future. Everything from begnin conversations with friends up to fatal accidents. It was bizarre and unsettling, especially because I did not allow myself to believe in "nonsense" like psychic visions and just kept telling myself it was all just a series of coincidences.

It really started to mess with my head because I would dream about something happening, then it would start happening in real life. Since I already knew what was going to happen I would simply do the same things I did in my dream and see the same end results. Which led me to believe that I was creating these predetermined outcomes because I was taking the predetermined actions to cause them. This was a big part of why I said it was all coincidence. If I were to not follow the "script" then things would turn out differently.

The first time I changed the outcome of a dream, and prevented a car accident, it totally threw off my coincidence theory and made me question concepts like Free Will. If I went along with the dream and allowed the accident to happen then it was predetermined, but by stopping the accident I changed what was supposed to happen through free will, but I had no will or control over dreaming about the accident; so what parts were actually fated to happen? Was I shown this vision for the purpose of stopping the accident, in which case the exercising of free will was necessary to fulfill the predetermined outcome. It boggles my mind and sends me into a migrane inducing spiral of conflicting thoughts and theories.

To quote the famous movie line "There’s no fate but what we make for ourselves"

The whole concept of precognition causes me quite a bit of mental stress for all the reasons you state. Not so much anymore but in my younger days I used to have a lot of dreams that were actually visions of the future. Everything from begnin conversations with friends up to fatal accidents. It was bizarre and unsettling, especially because I did not allow myself to believe in "nonsense" like psychic visions and just kept telling myself it was all just a series of coincidences.

It really started to mess with my head because I would dream about something happening, then it would start happening in real life. Since I already knew what was going to happen I would simply do the same things I did in my dream and see the same end results. Which led me to believe that I was creating these predetermined outcomes because I was taking the predetermined actions to cause them. This was a big part of why I said it was all coincidence. If I were to not follow the "script" then things would turn out differently.

The first time I changed the outcome of a dream, and prevented a car accident, it totally threw off my coincidence theory and made me question concepts like Free Will. If I went along with the dream and allowed the accident to happen then it was predetermined, but by stopping the accident I changed what was supposed to happen through free will, but I had no will or control over dreaming about the accident; so what parts were actually fated to happen? Was I shown this vision for the purpose of stopping the accident, in which case the exercising of free will was necessary to fulfill the predetermined outcome. It boggles my mind and sends me into a migrane inducing spiral of conflicting thoughts and theories.
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, Steve. Been trying to figure this out for 70 years. Every time I think I've nailed down the answer, something new comes along to set me off on a new path in that warren of mysteries.

Since we are a paranormal forum, I have to ask:

Have you ever had your fortune told?
Had a psychic reading?
Had your astrology chart done?
Been to a medium?
Good or bad experience?
View attachment 52615
None of the above for me. My mother and sister used to go to 'psychics'. I remember one telling my mom i was going to be a successful lawyer rofl. Missed by [----] that much. One reader did peg that 'someone' was watching over my mom. Believe that someone was witnessed a few times through the years.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I've never had a reading or anything. When I was young, me, my brother, mum and stepdad went to a restaurant and when we entered a really ugly, scruffy women about 40 walked up to us and said, your family are pure evil then ran out of the shop. Closest thing to a reading I've had and no more for me, :eek: :D . We did find her later and tortured her in our cellar for years:). This is a true account, well not the cellar bit, lol.

I've never had a reading or anything. When I was young, me, my brother, mum and stepdad went to a restaurant and when we entered a really ugly, scruffy women about 40 walked up to us and said, your family are pure evil then ran out of the shop. Closest thing to a reading I've had and no more for me, :eek: :D . We did find her later and tortured her in our cellar for years:). This is a true account, well not the cellar bit, lol.
Never had anything like that happen lol. I did stop an entire cafe while wearing a Slayer t-shirt in Mississippi. My dad just looked at me and asked, You had to wear that, didn't you? Lol. Yep.

• Love it
Reactions: Lynne and ozentity