Guns, knives, pens, flashlights, etc.

I'm something of a minimalist with respect to what I carry on my person, usually just wallet, cell phone, keys, and concealed carry weapon with two spare mags. In all three of our vehicles, we carry a personalized cross body bag full of gear as a "hit and run" survival kit.

I'm something of a minimalist with respect to what I carry on my person, usually just wallet, cell phone, keys, and concealed carry weapon with two spare mags. In all three of our vehicles, we carry a personalized cross body bag full of gear as a "hit and run" survival kit.

When convenient Duke, can you please spill about some of the content of that survival kit?

Reactions: Seahunter
Okay, I'll try to start this off...

As with any EDC, mine changes all the time. Since I collect most of the items I carry, I rotate different items in and out frequently while keeping it basically the same type of gadget.

Phone - Alcatel Fierce for emergencies only.

Alcatel_One_Touch_Fierce_7024__66929.1443729869.380.500.jpg

Wallet - Minimalist card wallet for front pocket carry from Popov Leather.

leather-5-card-wallet-driftwood-5-card-leather-wallet-2_720x720.jpg

Notebook - I always carry Field Notes, also in a Popov Leather product.

leather-field-notes-cover-driftwood-leather-field-notes-cover-with-pockets-1_720x720.jpg

Pen - I usually use fountain pens, but they are not always practical for EDC. If I use a ballpoint, it is almost always a Fisher Space Pen. This is the Zero Gravity model.

ZGS.jpg

Watch - Again, this varies with my collection. Here is my Breitling Avenger II Seawolf.

A1733110_BC30_169A.jpg

Flashlight - Almost always a Mag-Lite. Here is the Mini Mag.

e1c4f5b2-06e0-417a-8b14-0781cbfbc6d9

Knife - Always varies, most often a Kershaw or Benchmade. This is my favorite, the Adamas.

bm_275__59010.1475174166.jpg

Gun - Varies. Springfield, Smith, Beretta, etc., but my favorite two are Kimbers - Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace, and Micro 9 with Crimson Trace.

kim_3200134.jpg

Micro_DesertTanLG_CatProfile_SS.jpg
Those pistols are beautiful

Reactions: Seahunter and Paulm
First on my list, because I never leave the house without em, is my wismec reuleaux rx200 digital mod. And the only pen to my name, the Zero Tolerance tactical pen. It’s got duracoat, the same stuff they use on knives and guns.
image.jpg

I have a box cutter and bottle opener (the seahorse) on my keychain. And points cards on there because otherwise my wallet is the size of my fist :D
image.jpg

I have a lot of cargo shorts / pants..lol........or an e.d.c bag..

I have cargo pants too Paul. But they only have two big pockets - one on either side. I can drop my glasses (in a protective case) and my wallet into one and then I’m filled up. Big wallet.

The other pouch gets phone/tricorder and my keys then it’s done. If you watched the Matrix movie trilogy, you probably saw the character called the Keymaker carrying around my massive key ring.

Do the weapons go on the belt then?

Reactions: Paulm
Hope I’m not posting the opposite of what was intended. I almost never carry cash - not even a dollar, nor even a quarter.

Dooms Day will come and I’ll be trying to use my seven credit cards and my debit card as commitments to pay people back later for minimum necessary survival stuff.
In a WROL situation, the only thing of worth will be food, medicine, fuel and ammunition. I’m sure if you’re that kind of guy you could barter a stripper clip of 7.62x39mm for a few cans of soup.

I have cargo pants too Paul. But they only have two big pockets - one on either side. I can drop my glasses (in a protective case) and my wallet into one and then I’m filled up. Big wallet.

The other pouch gets phone/tricorder and my keys then it’s done. If you watched the Matrix movie trilogy, you probably saw the character called the Keymaker carrying around my massive key ring.

For me i look too much like a mall ninja in cargos. So I avoid them to I can just blend in and be ignored. But carpenter pants come in handy without the attention
534DAD97-DAB5-431B-8783-21D6F4EE7E24.jpeg

Folding knife with clip goes in front regular pocket, wallet in back pocket, weapon on belt, either side holster or small of back holster....leaves cargo pockets free for whatever else....mini mag lights and leatherman multi tools come with belt pouches also, but I usually keep those in a truck bag along with a couple tarps, rope, fire starter of some sort, and other items.