Google predicts humanity's end

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.disclose.tv/news/google_has_just_predicted_the_year_of_humanitys_end/139837

It seems like every week there is a new apocalyptic theory and the latest one suggests that ‘life as we know it will end in 2045’. However, this time the prediction hasn’t come from a conspiracy theorist or an octopus. Instead it comes from Google’s chief of engineering, Ray Kurzweil, who has suggested robots ‘will reach human intelligence by 2029’, a move that ‘will change the nature of humanity itself’. Currently, artificial intelligence (AI) is limited to the likes of voice assistants such as Siri and computers like Deep Blue which have beaten grand-masters at chess.

As yet, no AI has fully passed the infamous Turing test which tests a machine’s ability to exhibit intelligence indistinguishable from a human. At the moment we have AI which is intelligent at doing one thing, but a breakthrough is expected to happen over the next decade. Once AI is able to become adaptable and turn its hand to a wider variety of tasks, the Turing Test will be passed.

The next step will then be ASI – artificial super-intelligence – where machines are more intelligent and stronger than humans. And this new age of robots is coming quicker than previously expected with Google predicting the machine will be as powerful as the human brain by 2029 with 2045 being the year that everything will change. No-one knows exactly what this will mean for humanity but we have seen enough science-fiction to realise that it may not be good news. I doubt Kurzweil is imagining a Terminator-like dystopian nightmare but there is a theory that says AI will act to preserve itself at the expense of humans. Seeing that people are continually glued to screens anyway, are we really that far away from humans and machines being the same?

2045 huh...I will be long gone by that time..Guess it will be up to the youngsters of the period to hold down the fort...That said these apocalyptic forecasts have been going on for thousands of years and yet none have happened.....

Failed doomsday and apocalyptic predictions
The 15 Greatest End of the World Prophecy FAILs
FaildDoomsdayPredictions

Well he better hope his prediction is not preceded by old Planet X/Nibiru...There are some claiming for it to get here in September of this year....I am just waiting on this one to fail because I have some people who are sure enough going to get it from me.

This is sure enough a pet peeve for me and it makes me bull rush mad when I read such crap. Is the human race so miserable on Earth that all some of them have to do is sit around and predict when we are all going die?

Crackpot fear mongering at its finest I say.....

One of these days the Doomers will get their wish but until then they are going to have to wait to see jesus.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleh and Debi
2045 huh...I will be long gone by that time..Guess it will be up to the youngsters of the period to hold down the fort...That said these apocalyptic forecasts have been going on for thousands of years and yet none have happened.....

Failed doomsday and apocalyptic predictions
The 15 Greatest End of the World Prophecy FAILs
FaildDoomsdayPredictions

Well he better hope his prediction is not preceded by old Planet X/Nibiru...There are some claiming for it to get here in September of this year....I am just waiting on this one to fail because I have some people who are sure enough going to get it from me.

This is sure enough a pet peeve for me and it makes me bull rush mad when I read such crap. Is the human race so miserable on Earth that all some of them have to do is sit around and predict when we are all going die?

Crackpot fear mongering at its finest I say.....

One of these days the Doomers will get their wish but until then they are going to have to wait to see jesus.

Sorry for the rant.
Yay! Well said !!

Reactions: Insane Prophet
Last edited:
Reactions: Debi