Footsteps in hallway...

Tristan

Reaction score
This normally happens past 12 am. I don’t necessarily hear footsteps. But the oh so ever slight creaking of floor boards that are barely audible. I get a weird feeling that someone or something is walking outside my door. But I know it’s not, cause everyone in my house is sleeping and they make actual footsteps that are very specific to themselves to the point where I can tell who it is just by the footsteps.

Good morning, Tristan, and welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. How many nights has this happened ? Any clues to whom this would be, human or spirit ? Does it keep you awake ?

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
This normally happens past 12 am. I don’t necessarily hear footsteps. But the oh so ever slight creaking of floor boards that are barely audible. I get a weird feeling that someone or something is walking outside my door. But I know it’s not, cause everyone in my house is sleeping and they make actual footsteps that are very specific to themselves to the point where I can tell who it is just by the footsteps.
Used to live in a apartment where I could hear pacing back and forth and then poking like sounds on the beads against my door. We put a eye of Fatima bead set and the spirit stopped coming into our room and would just pace or poke the door. Eye of Fatima is supposed to ward off negative spirits, allegedly jewish heritage according to Wikipedia.

Good morning, Tristan, and welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. How many nights has this happened ? Any clues to whom this would be, human or spirit ? Does it keep you awake ?
It’s happened maybe at least once a week for as long as I can remember. It feels like a spirit because every time I hear it, I get this weird feeling. Most of the time I just shrug it off and go to sleep, sometimes it does keep me awake though. I tend to hear it coming from my mom’s room which is next to mine, but I know that she’s asleep since she snores. It’s only about 3 wood creaks that I hear, and then it stops. My mom told me that when they took out the carpet in her room decades ago that they found which appeared to be a big blood stain underneath it. I’ve tried to use websites to find out whether or not someone has died in this house, but all the ones I’ve looked at, you have to pay.

Reactions: 7Critter
Hi Tristan. Since this seems to happen at a certain time each night, there is a good possibility this is a residual type of haunting..meaning it is energy that is repeating a pattern over and over without consciousness involved.

Are you having any other activity besides what you describe? And welcome to the forum!

Hi Tristin and welcome to the forum. Sorry I’m a bit late to your post. Was out of town a few days.

Is this an old house? Could it be the house settling with the change of weather ? Not making light of things but just looking for the obvious first.

Hi Tristan. Since this seems to happen at a certain time each night, there is a good possibility this is a residual type of haunting..meaning it is energy that is repeating a pattern over and over without consciousness involved.

Are you having any other activity besides what you describe? And welcome to the forum!
No. But I do feel something off in the master bedroom on the other side of the house. So about 40 feet from my mom’s room.

Hi Tristin and welcome to the forum. Sorry I’m a bit late to your post. Was out of town a few days.

Is this an old house? Could it be the house settling with the change of weather ? Not making light of things but just looking for the obvious first.
This house was built in the 40s I believe. I doubt it’s the house settling or due to the change in weather.

Okay so I assume you want to find out some more information. Are you comfortable with finding out more information? Have you ever heard of EVP?