Food Thread!

Caroll used to post a bunch of these. I know he no longer logs on he was cool though

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Peter Luger Steakhouse porterhouse.
upload_2016-12-19_15-26-37.png
I did a thing !:) I made this in my cast iron grill pan. Wonderful. Bobby Flay's Rules for Cooking Porterhouse Steak The instructions are simple. Porterhouses are great. Eat the NY strip side first & the filet side for the next meal! If your grill pan is too small, buy a T-bone instead. Same steak, smaller cut.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Hoosier Meatloaf. I modded this recipe and use ground beef, pork, and veal instead of just ground beef. Add a little oregano to mix.
Dried rye w/ seeds instead of Ritz crackers. The caraway seeds add tons of flavor. Almost like Croatian meatballs.
Ketchup or BBQ sauce on the side.:cool: This recipe takes forever. Make 3 or 4 at a time & use throwaway pans. Freezes beautifully. Got my Dad's Seal of Awesomeness !
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf

8755840.jpg

Last edited:
A Taste of Home Cooking: Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Brie and Bacon
I tie up the butterflyed tenderloin with cooking string. Before tightening, slip long sprigs of fresh rosemary underneath. Slather in olive oil, salt & pepper heavily. Grill on high, and brown on all six sides. This will fuse the meat and keep the bacon & brie from leaking out. Finish on medium indirect heat on grill, or finish in the oven. Sprinkle w/ lemon juice.
An all time favorite. Thanks to Chef Gary who worked at a country club I wallpapered !
How I make grilled cheese - The Bon Appetit Way. Mayo on the outside of the bread. Simple is good.
Best-Ever Grilled Cheese Recipe

Last edited:
Bon Appetit has a Philly Cheese steak recipe. Looks like I'm needing a caste iron griddle :) They use beef short ribs ! A Homemade Cheesesteak Is a Thing of Beauty
The set up -
A well-made cheesesteak is a thing of beauty. All the ingredients kind of…fuse together. The thinly shaved beef, the glistening caramelized onions and peppers, the molten liquefied cheese—all densely packed into a pillowy-soft roll. You hoist it like a barbell, take a bite, and think to yourself, “My God, this cannot be good for me.” But you know what? You’re going to eat it anyway, and you’ll probably slice off another half of the half that’s still sitting on the cutting board. Why? Because this homemade cheesesteak is the best thing you will eat all month. Hands down. Just look at it. You know it is. You’ve got 27 other days in February to try to be healthy. Super Bowl Sunday isn’t one of them. — Adam Rapoport

Every time Paintman hits this thread with something new, I'm hungry....:p

I'm making his pan pizza today! lol See what you did, Paint? lol

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman