First Professional/Major Sporting Event

I have not got to try fly fishing yet. When i went to Wyoming one of the guys at the place i stayed was going to teach me (quickly) how to, but in the end, there wasn't enough time and i ended up using a spinner instead. It is something i would not learn in the few minutes i had, and if i wanted to catch fish, i used what i knew better at the time. One day perhaps lol.

You can learn a few basic knots and to cast pretty easy on your own. I watched alot of YouTube videos and documentaries on fly fishing. Eventually im gonna take some lessons, but so far I've had no issues and catch fish so I'm happy.
Take a look at the Orvis Clearwater combo. 25yr warranty. It's what I use for now. Also trying your own flies is alot of fun! My fly tying station is currently covered with a bunch of stuff I gotta move soon.

I am trying to remember the first time... I would say it was one of the 1984 tiger baseball games when they were on their way to the world series. I don't remember who we played that day, but I do remember they won. Some guy behind me spilled beer all over my new jacket out of his extreme exuberance. I haven't been to many sporting events because they cost so much, and parking is crazy in Detroit. Football is crazy expensive. I just watch on tv from the best seat in the house lol. I don't have to fight the crowds, risk my life by going downtown and the food prices are cheap.

I was about 7 or 8 and my Dad took me to an LA Dodgers game, we watched the game and ate Dodger Dogs. I remember how he had a little note pad with him that he used to keep score, even though there was the official scoreboard right there for everyone to see. I don't remember anything of the game, I just remember time spent with my Dad doing something he enjoyed. Even though I played little league baseball, my team won the championship and I was even given a game ball from the last championship game for how well i played; I'm not a baseball fan.. like at all.

However, when my son was 8 years old I took him to a Colorado Rockies game. It was actually his idea of a Father's Day present to me. So I took him to the game, we got hot dogs and nachos, I explained the rules of the game and a bit of the strategy. I don't remember anything of that game either, I just remember time spent with my son doing something he enjoyed.
You have me all emotional now...

Reactions: Stevedog
SF Giants at Candlestick Park. It was cool to see Willie Mays & friends but I never really followed pro sports.

Reactions: Lynne