Feds warn on Area 51

I think we should have a contest here to guess the number of people who show up and/or get arrested at A51. I suggest we use "Price is Right" rules, the person coming closest without going over wins.

Any ideas for a prize?
I love the idea! :p

Reactions: Donna K.
If you Google "Storm Area 51 tshirt," you'll there are at least a dozen available. He's my favorite.
regular.jpg

Man, they were fast on those Tshirts! lol

So, what's your guess, Duke? Minus reporters, you get first shot at a number. :p

Reactions: Donna K.
Man, they were fast on those Tshirts! lol

So, what's your guess, Duke? Minus reporters, you get first shot at a number. :p

I think actually number of people who show will be tough to determine. Unless that number is exceeding small (<50), we'll get only an estimate. Historically estimates of crowd size for any single event of this nature have varied greatly depending on who's giving the estimate and their agenda. So after thinking about it, I recommend we not make this part of the contest since we'll likely have multiple crowd number estimates. But for giggles, I figure a couple hundred people will show up in Rachel, excluding reporters.

The number taken into custody can and will be determined accurately. I doubt many, other than those who resist arrest or damage government property, will actually be prosecuted, but I'm guessing thirty will be taken into custody.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, individuals who've been arrested in the past for trespassing on A51 were only detained by base security, but taken into custody and charged by the local sheriff's department. From what I've seen/read, the bulk of A51 perimeter security ("camo dudes") is made up of support contractors who have no law enforcement authority.

Keep in mind, individuals who've been arrested in the past for trespassing on A51 were only detained by base security, but taken into custody and charged by the local sheriff's department. From what I've seen/read, the bulk of A51 perimeter security ("camo dudes") is made up of support contractors who have no law enforcement authority.
Pretty sure they will make every effort to diffuse this quickly and efficiently by putting up road blocks further out from the main gate area. If they see people incoming, you know they will react fast. They may be joking now, but they won't be on the day of.

Pretty sure they will make every effort to diffuse this quickly and efficiently by putting up road blocks further out from the main gate area. If they see people incoming, you know they will react fast. They may be joking now, but they won't be on the day of.

Yep, I think there will be a show of force within an extended security perimeter that will give most of those who show up pause to consider their actions.