Eerie Mourning Dolls

I wonder how many people own one of these well meant dolls and dont know the backstory. I never knew this was done. I had a friend that refused to have her picture taken. This was when I was young and she was old then. She told my mother that the camera captures the soul too. I kind of believe it because dolls may be wierd but we use cameras instead. Its cheaper and faster but still the same kind of. There is a store nearby that sells others pictures that they odnt want. I went in and saw what looks like photos that were either given to the store or whatever. I thought who would want a picture of someone they never knew? I have albums of pictures we took when I was a kid 60 years ago. Those people for the most part are now gone. I am the only one who knows who they are or were!! I am sure anyone that lives long enough will know what I am talking about. Our passing is guarenteed . The whole concept makes me sad and kind of wonder why we care about stuff so much because in 100 years no one will remember or care. Merry xmas!!! Sorry for the negative yada but it all came out because of dolls.

The custom of "death photography" in Victorian times was equally bizarre.

A strange fad, custom. I'm inclined to think it was a pretty good business due to the high kid mortality and maybe a must have to show you still remember and care to society in the day. Another reason for me to live on the fringe.

Dolls having "spirits" or souls go waaay back. In Witchcraft, there are Poppets, i.e. handmade dolls much like voodoo dolls. Past the childhood stage, I have always had issues with dolls in general for some reason. I especially did not like my meeting with Robert the Doll. I always have a feeling "something" is in there looking back at me...lol