COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went over to the rec. center / park on Saturday, it was packed, there must have been at least 6 football games going on,
(little league).. on the other end of the complex was at least 2 family reunions. and also a festival with vendors over the weekend, later on I ran across an advertisement on t.v for the Georgia state fair in october....also saw where the lake of the Ozarks motorcycle rally was held over the weekend and the myrtle beach rally was given the green light to proceed.... makes me wonder if all this continues basically unchecked, will the holiday shopping season be as crowded as usual...people are getting careless and its building up for a perfect scenario for a second round as the weather cools and more ppl are indoors...
My concern as well.

Reactions: Duke and Paulm
On top of inaccurate reporting, you also have to be aware that there are fake "Officially approved" face masks being sold. I fell for such a scam on Amazon; six face masks that were supposed to be official 3M, and were discovered to be nowhere near that. Just like the hand sanitizer and TP hoarding, we now have unscrupulous sellers of inferior made face masks capitalizing on COVID. :mad:

]

Besides the rush to a vaccine, I'm also glad to see that new treatments are still being investigated.

The mainstream forgets that this is such a new virus, we honestly don't know all the long term affects. For some, they may be long term.

Reactions: Benway
The mainstream forgets that this is such a new virus, we honestly don't know all the long term affects. For some, they may be long term.

This sounds eerily like when CFIDS first came into being. It got called chronic fatigue, Epstein Barr, etc. And there was the same amount of misunderstanding, disbelief, etc. People went down for the count and few rose again. ( I speak from experience.) It is sad that this has to happen again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Last week the graph showing the weekly infection rate in the UK actually managed end in a line pointing straight up, which is pretty groundbreaking, as I've never seen a graph that looked that much like a right angle and didn't think that was possible. That curve is truly flattened. Nobody said it had to be horizontal!

Last week the graph showing the weekly infection rate in the UK actually managed end in a line pointing straight up, which is pretty groundbreaking, as I've never seen a graph that looked that much like a right angle and didn't think that was possible. That curve is truly flattened. Nobody said it had to be horizontal!
That second wave is here.

Frankly, I've avoided posting on this thread as we here in the US have a political hotbed going on over this. And I don't do political here...period. All I can say is, we are in deep trouble and it sounds like you guys are as well.

Folks, please believe me when I say any political comments will be removed.

That second wave is here.

Frankly, I've avoided posting on this thread as we here in the US have a political hotbed going on over this. And I don't do political here...period. All I can say is, we are in deep trouble and it sounds like you guys are as well.

Folks, please believe me when I say any political comments will be removed.
Entirely fair. There's enough of that everywhere else!
I'm not sure it goes in waves though. Countries that had a summer lull were ones that had strict lockdowns and in every case there's a cause for the rises in the infection rate. In the UK I think it was reopening schools (with fines for non-attendance), forming a nationwide network between families who previously had no contact. That combined with getting homeworkers to return to the office at the same time was a recipe for disaster, though nobody wants to admit it. It was too soon.
As for me, Peterborough has only had its infection rate double in the last two weeks, not multiply by ten, so we are in the lower risk zone compared to much of the UK. I'm still being ve-e-r-r-y cautious though.
I hope you are all doing okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.