Bigelow's obsession with UFO's

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs

Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs

In 1994, a Mormon family bought a 480-acre plot in in Utah’s Uintah Basin, thinking they’d get back to the land. But this particular land was weird. It came with too-large-thrice-over wolves that refused to die by bullet, cattle with their reproductive organs sucked clean out, and a multitude of UFOs, as they told the Deseret News in 1996. It was driving them bonkers.

Robert Bigelow saw their story. Today, the Nevada businessman is known for founding Bigelow Aerospace, which spun off a business to sell its expandable space habitats just last Tuesday. But in 1995, he had also founded something called the National Institute for Discovery Science, an organization built to research paranormal phenomena. Soon after reading the newspaper story, he took Skinwalker off the family’s hands, and his institute set up shop.

That, at least, is the story told in Hunt for the Skinwalker, a book that I downloaded in audio form one Friday night in January. Bigelow deactivated the National Institute for Discovery Science in 2004, after years of failing to capture the supposedly supernatural. But as the world recently discovered, he didn’t give up the cause. In December, a New York Times story revealed that Bigelow Aerospace had conducted a study on UFOs—for the Pentagon. I’d been interested in Bigelow’s anomalistic dealings since that article came out; thus, the audio book.

The Pentagon’s Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program officially ended in 2012. But similar work continues today—involving people from both the defunct Defense Department program and Bigelow’s dismantled paranormal enterprise. They have become part of a for-profit company: To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science, which launched in October 2017 to research and reverse-engineer UFOs, among other goals.

Full story at site and it's worth the read

Reactions: Lynne
Talk about a fluff piece that did not tell us anything new?!? Unless it was the authors "To be clear, I don’t really believe in much. Not God, or miracles, or magical beasts." And there was nothing really that talked about "Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs"

Again, a poorly written fluff piece, imho...

Reactions: Debi
For people not familiar with Bigs, it gives some basics. And believe it or not, there are a lot of peeps out there not familiar with him. (think our younger members...)

I like Robert Bigelow because he is using his money for things tax payers shouldn’t have to finance but is still important and interesting. So we all benefit by his investigations. His skin walker ranch investigations gathered a lot of paranormal events. I will be following along with this.

Talk about a fluff piece that did not tell us anything new?!? Unless it was the authors "To be clear, I don’t really believe in much. Not God, or miracles, or magical beasts." And there was nothing really that talked about "Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs"

Again, a poorly written fluff piece, imho...
I agree it was not well written or added any new info to people who follow this ongoing UFO story. It was clearly directed at the average person that only has a casual interest. The book he describes is one of my favorites “Hunt for the Skinwalker”. Written by George Knap and Colm Kelleher two highly acclaimed researchers and authors. If you haven’t read it and you like the paranormal you are missing out!

I agree it was not well written or added any new info to people who follow this ongoing UFO story. It was clearly directed at the average person that only has a casual interest. The book he describes is one of my favorites “Hunt for the Skinwalker”. Written by George Knap and Colm Kelleher two highly acclaimed researchers and authors. If you haven’t read it and you like the paranormal you are missing out!
Oh, I have read the book and it was well written. My issue was with the author of the fluff piece-article:eek::D

Reactions: Lynne and Debi