A few words...

Due to geography, most of you aren't going to know these, however...

'Even a black hole can't eat three Shredded Wheat.'
'Would you like to see some puppies?' (From a PSA)
'NO!!!!' (Also from a PSA)
'Daddy or chips?'
'.........' (From the same ad.)

'... Chips.' (See above.)

Last edited:
Due to geography, most of you aren't going to know these, however...

'Even a black hole can't eat three Shredded Wheat.'
'Would you like to see some puppies?' (From a PSA)
'NO!!!!' (Also from a PSA)
'Daddy or chips?'
'.........' (From the same ad.)

'... Chips.' (See above.)

I always thought there were some really funny TV ads in the UK, certainly more risque than here in the US.

I always thought there were some really funny TV ads in the UK, certainly more risque than here in the US.
I think that UK advertisers started pretending not to be selling stuff and trying to be entertaining pretty early, but there are some noteworthy exceptions. I'm an open minded skeptic by inclination, so I don't don't claim to know much, but after decades of urgent warnings, one thing I know for sure is that the DFS sale must end on Monday. Or Sunday or Tuesday. Nonetheless it must end and there's nothing the upset man in the bad suit can do about it. When I first saw it as a kid it seemed like a big deal, but then he was back again shortly after just the same. It eventually occurred to me that he never said which Monday or Sunday, so that would explain it, but still it was obviously pretty desperate.
I don't know if DFS still exists and I never bought anything from them, but I think that doing so would be like joining an end-times cult based around furniture.

Reactions: garnetsilver
A little dab will do ya!

Just a little bit longer!!

You've come a long way Baby!

Reactions: Debi