9/22/2015 (Tuesday) - Dr. Kevin Trenberth

From Art on FB

Thank all of you who make a call for us, this is the start of a big change indeed. There was not much chance of stations coming on when they had to buy new hardware and use what on their end might be less then dependable Internet, however XDS changes all that.

It is a big investment on our part and a risk but what the heck, right? It's all a big gamble and that's what life is about.

Art

Reactions: Mokey
12033082_434131840109311_5671987409336729123_n.jpg

I guess i'm going to have to echo some of the things that curandero81 is saying here .I do not argue the fact that there is climate change ,but to pin the currant warm up on solely on human beings and their way of life does ( in my mind ) require scientific proof that is indisputable.(Hopefully he doesn't go there) .Correct me if i'm wrong, but we have scientist that claim they have proof, that the earth has gone through ice ages, and warming cycles .They say that much more of the planet was covered with water than it is now.There were Glaciers that came down into north america at least as far as Wisconsin.The earth is constantly changing ,and I for one would like to hear the guests suggestions on how to stop it from changing further.

We
I guess i'm going to have to echo some of the things that curandero81 is saying here .I do not argue the fact that there is climate change ,but to pin the currant warm up on solely on human beings and their way of life does ( in my mind ) require scientific proof that is indisputable.(Hopefully he doesn't go there) .Correct me if i'm wrong, but we have scientist that claim they have proof, that the earth has gone through ice ages, and warming cycles .They say that much more of the planet was covered with water than it is now.There were Glaciers that came down into north america at least as far as Wisconsin.The earth is constantly changing ,and I for one would like to hear the guests suggestions on how to stop it from changing further.
I agree with you.....humans can not hold back NATURE and natural changes for their own wants and needs. Now THAT is wrong, and what I believe we're trying to do!

Last edited:
Question for Art's Guest - Dr. Kevin Trenberth

Q1.Question
Is so named "Global Warming" a result of
1. Man's intervention on planet Earth
or
2. Cyclic in nature, as in climate changes that have occurred in past history...with NO intervention from man
Question ???

Q2.

Q2 Then why back in the 1970's did we hear so much about "global cooling"... large amounts of snow, way colder than avg temps...

Q2 Then why back in the 1970's did we hear so much about "global cooling"... large amounts of snow, way colder than avg temps...
I mean really, the industrialized nations were pumping out way more baddies back in the '70s ice age than we our now. Is it getting to hot because our manufacturing is cleaner?

I also believe that we should be good stewards of the planet we live on . Our definitions of "Good Stewards" will all vary i'm sure .

Reactions: Maphoo
I also believe that we should be good stewards of the planet we live on . Our definitions of "Good Stewards" will all vary i'm sure .
But taking care that it not wander over into being a major political issue.

Reactions: Grinchesbro