Your favorite...

My sheltie wore her Notre Dame baseball cap while we watched their football games.

It's probably for the best if you don't ask how a dog got a DoD security badge for a classified program.
20220205_204339.jpg

My sheltie wore her Notre Dame baseball cap while we watched their football games.

It's probably for the best if you don't ask how a dog got a DoD security badge for a classified program.
View attachment 38031
I have questions but for my own safety I won't ask...lol

I love poodles, I know a guy who breeds and works his poodles on game, they surprised me how tough and skillful they can be at hunting.
I am looking for a new dog. I lost the old dogs in 2020. I have a mixed breed now, no poodle in her, but she has husky and they are smart too. I would love to have another poodle.

I am looking for a new dog. I lost the old dogs in 2020. I have a mixed breed now, no poodle in her, but she has husky and they are smart too. I would love to have another poodle.
You should get one. Over here dog prices have gone crazy with whippets going for $3000, no papers. Before the pandemic they were going for $250. I only have bred the odd litter over the years to keep one or two.

You should get one. Over here dog prices have gone crazy with whippets going for $3000, no papers. Before the pandemic they were going for $250. I only have bred the odd litter over the years to keep one or two.
I know, poodle puppies from breeders who breed show dogs sell their non-show dogs for 3000.00. I did see an ad in the local paper for poodle puppies for 800.00. I have to save up even for that. They were red and I prefer black. I had a red poodle and I loved him, but they seem to be more high strung. Maybe the breeder wasn't a good breeder.

Reactions: ozentity
I know, poodle puppies from breeders who breed show dogs sell their non-show dogs for 3000.00. I did see an ad in the local paper for poodle puppies for 800.00. I have to save up even for that. They were red and I prefer black. I had a red poodle and I loved him, but they seem to be more high strung. Maybe the breeder wasn't a good breeder.
It's weird the color affecting the temperament, golden cockers over here often have bad temps where the black and others don't. I think the golden ones are mass produced for $ with little thought put into the breeding.

Reactions: Lynne and JahaRa
It's weird the color affecting the temperament, golden cockers over here often have bad temps where the black and others don't. I think the golden ones are mass produced for $ with little thought put into the breeding.
Yes, the different colors do have different personalities. The black poodles tend to be more calm and protective of the family, the whites want to run off with anyone who looks like they might be fun, the reds need more attention and seem to never have their feet on the ground. All of them are very smart though, which means they have to be trained early on or they will train you.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
Yes, the different colors do have different personalities. The black poodles tend to be more calm and protective of the family, the whites want to run off with anyone who looks like they might be fun, the reds need more attention and seem to never have their feet on the ground. All of them are very smart though, which means they have to be trained early on or they will train you.
I hunt rabbits with whippets which are considered the dunces of the dog world, lol but they are very loving, crafty at the job and very game, even grabbing wild pigs if they come across them. I always thought of crossing one with a poodle, they would have great personalities and more brains so they don' t do silly stuff like thinking they are pig dogs, lol. I'd use a black poodle after talking to you,

Reactions: Lynne and JahaRa