Your favorite part...

For me it was getting to wear my new cloths. We got to go shopping once a year for cloths and by then we were in real need, especially my brother, who went through bigger growing spurts at times. I never liked school and tolerated it ok. I was always a good kid, but I was sure glad when I graduated. If there is one thing that makes me think reincarnation could be true is that school was a drudgery that I felt, I had done before and had to get through it.

Reactions: Paulm
You will have to explain about the little cajun boy lol
Justin Wilson was a Cajun comedian/chef. I tried to find the specific routine I mentioned previously on line, but couldn't find it. Here's another example of his comedy.

The routine I mentioned to Lon was that of a little Cajun boy. The story tells of him going to school for the first time in first grade. He goes to school, then comes home and goes out to play and wears himself out. The next morning his Mom wakes him for day two. He asks why she's waking him up so early, telling her he's very tired and doesn't want to get up. She tells him has to go to school. He responds, "I done been."

Justin Wilson was a Cajun comedian/chef. I tried to find the specific routine I mentioned previously on line, but couldn't find it. Here's another example of his comedy.

The routine I mentioned to Lon was that of a little Cajun boy. The story tells of him going to school for the first time in first grade. He goes to school, then comes home and goes out to play and wears himself out. The next morning his Mom wakes him for day two. He asks why she's waking him up so early, telling her he's very tired and doesn't want to get up. She tells him has to go to school. He responds, "I done been."
That was quite funny. I had a hard time understanding him, but I did get the joke. Some people just have the goodness and salt of the earth feel about them, he has that quality. Life is too short.

Reactions: Paulm and Duke
I liked the smell of brand new shoes, and I hated having to cover all my books with either newspaper, or brown paper bag. I also liked new supplies like crayons, pens and pencils, etc.
omg I remember book covers with newspaper/brown paper bags....

Reactions: Duke
That was quite funny. I had a hard time understanding him, but I did get the joke. Some people just have the goodness and salt of the earth feel about them, he has that quality. Life is too short.
Lol. I understood him perfectly. Guess ya gotta be a Cajun!