Women are SUPPOSED to be moody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/06/living/feat-moods-antidepressants-new-book/

"Women have this idea that we are supposed to not be moody and we're supposed to tamp down that moodiness," said Julie Holland, author of "Moody Bitches" and a psychiatrist who has practiced in New York for 20 years.

"It's like a problem to be fixed and really, I think it's our greatest asset. It's certainly our greatest psychological asset."

After all, our empathetic nature helps us understand nonverbal babies -- and not-always-the-most-communicative husbands and partners. Our intuition helps us sense people's motivations. Our emotions help us realize when something is wrong in our lives."

See guys? We're meant to be that way! lol :D

Reactions: Laura
Agreed. And it doesn't even have to be "my time of the month" for all kinds of mood changes. I have figured out that I am basically a combination of Mother Theresa and Alanis Morrisette rolled into one, with the various swings back and forth between the two throughout the day. I either want to choke someone out or hug them and take care of them. In the past couple of weeks, though I feel Alanis coming out more and more. Must be stress and lack of sleep.

Agreed. And it doesn't even have to be "my time of the month" for all kinds of mood changes. I have figured out that I am basically a combination of Mother Theresa and Alanis Morrisette rolled into one, with the various swings back and forth between the two throughout the day. I either want to choke someone out or hug them and take care of them. In the past couple of weeks, though I feel Alanis coming out more and more. Must be stress and lack of sleep.
LOL! Yeah, Mother Teresa puts a nice little leash on the spiders, and Alanis uses the leash to strangle someone. :p I see that as just knowing how to use what you've got effectively!

Reactions: Seahunter
images

LOL! Yeah, Mother Teresa puts a nice little leash on the spiders, and Alanis uses the leash to strangle someone. :p I see that as just knowing how to use what you've got effectively!
This sounds horrible...I actually thought about strangling someone for real a few months ago. I was in the back of a taxi. The driver was taking all kinds of weird backstreets to a place that all the other cab drivers went the main route to. This guy was driving through residential neighborhoods that were out of the way to get to my destination, which was setting off all kinds of alarms. The back door of the cab was locked, so I could not just open my door and jump out in case things got hinkey. I felt trapped in the back of some psycho's car and was figuring out the best way to wrap the strap of my handbag over the drivers head and use all my force to strangle him. IN SELF DEFENSE of course.

This sounds horrible...I actually thought about strangling someone for real a few months ago. I was in the back of a taxi. The driver was taking all kinds of weird backstreets to a place that all the other cab drivers went the main route to. This guy was driving through residential neighborhoods that were out of the way to get to my destination, which was setting off all kinds of alarms. The back door of the cab was locked, so I could not just open my door and jump out in case things got hinkey. I felt trapped in the back of some psycho's car and was figuring out the best way to wrap the strap of my handbag over the drivers head and use all my force to strangle him. IN SELF DEFENSE of course.
:eek: Hey, I would have been thinking the same thoughts!!! That kind of thing would have scared me to death! Just getting INTO a car with someone I don't know scares me to death!

Status
Not open for further replies.