Wings wider than the car

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Ragnar, I really think there's something to these Mothman like sightings in Chicago. Very credible witnesses. Same description over 5 or so years. As far north as Milwaukee and all over Chicago neighborhoods.. South East in Indiana (heavy industry with swampy marshland.)
I only say they're credible because a cop and a physician do not need ridicule on the job.

Ragnar, I really think there's something to these Mothman like sightings in Chicago. Very credible witnesses. Same description over 5 or so years. As far north as Milwaukee and all over Chicago neighborhoods.. South East in Indiana (heavy industry with swampy marshland.)
I only say they're credible because a cop and a physician do not need ridicule on the job.
As you know, I've always been on the fence with cryptids on if they are physical or paranormal/spirit based. One thing I'm pretty sold on right now is the phenomena in the Chicago area is real. Too many witnesses that are high profile.

cool story, the distance on the map i think should be closer to 220 feet, the average car is 14 feet long, picking an average sedan from the parking lot and measuring compared to the tip of each white arrow would lead to 220-225 feet away. not doubting the story, just not sure they could get an accurate description from that distance at 11 - 12 at night. one thing that always makes me question sightings too is when people report "glowing eyes"..... the tapetum lucidum reflects light, but eyes dont glow proper, or give off light. there has to be a straight on light source and facing you directly to see "eye shine" and at 200 feet, (or what ever long distance is a lot of times claimed) this would be hard to actually see. (think being on a swamp at night, without a flashlight you see nothing, shine the light and you see dozens of eyes peering back....lol..but at 200 feet they would be pin sized at most.) cool story but i think imagination and fear may be involved here also.

As you know, I've always been on the fence with cryptids on if they are physical or paranormal/spirit based. One thing I'm pretty sold on right now is the phenomena in the Chicago area is real. Too many witnesses that are high profile.
This is the same thing I say about Big Foot. Too many witnesses to be nothing. The number of calibrating witnesses in this case is amazing and lends to the credibility of the sighting. Like with the Dogman, the sighting seems to create fear but doesn't attack, as if it is held back by a law or force. They clearly show the desire to attack but do not. There is something going on behind the veil that we do not know about clearly. I hope they are not bad omens of the future.

This is the same thing I say about Big Foot. Too many witnesses to be nothing. The number of calibrating witnesses in this case is amazing and lends to the credibility of the sighting. Like with the Dogman, the sighting seems to create fear but doesn't attack, as if it is held back by a law or force. They clearly show the desire to attack but do not. There is something going on behind the veil that we do not know about clearly. I hope they are not bad omens of the future.
i think it is just self preservation, they fought that battle ages ago and were almost driven to extinction. theres many old stories of bigfoot attacking, and of course the old legends of werewolves and the fear they produced, to the point of being hunted down and destroyed. and most recently the 411 and missing people theories...if any of those haold any truth then they are very capable of attacking, but maybe staying in the shadows and other than the occasional "accident" or rare opportunity, laying low is their best option to survive....

i think it is just self preservation, they fought that battle ages ago and were almost driven to extinction. theres many old stories of bigfoot attacking, and of course the old legends of werewolves and the fear they produced, to the point of being hunted down and destroyed. and most recently the 411 and missing people theories...if any of those haold any truth then they are very capable of attacking, but maybe staying in the shadows and other than the occasional "accident" or rare opportunity, laying low is their best option to survive....
A very good explanation.

Reactions: Paulm