Who's haunting who?

I didn't know where to post this as it falls into a few different categories. This is part two to a dream i had last Friday. Is odd that both of these occurred on same day of week. I want to clarify first, i am content with my life. There are always regrets throughout life, but i have been there and done that with beating myself up for things. This is not one of them. Sure, me and a best friend became estranged some time back. It happens. He has been passed now and beginning last Friday i posted about a dream where it was like i 'invaded' his thoughts/realm/whatever it was. It was not a typical dream. It was as though it was his dream and somehow i ended up wherever he is. He never spoke in that encounter. He appeared very angry that i was there and upon confronting him about it, he vanished. Last night wasn't too much different. I am unclear of how this particular dream went, but i do remember him showing up and once again quite agitated with me. This time he spoke. All i remember is i was walking and he was behind me. He almost seemed to be charging at me. I stopped and stood in place and he asked me "What is so bad in your life that..." my eyes shot open. I have been racking my head about this all day. Was he going to ask why was i there? Maybe on another Friday he will be able to finish what he was going to say. I don't know. I have never had anything like this happen before, so it has me puzzled. In the discussion we had last post, maybe i am visiting his 'plane'. It would make sense if he is somewhere that i should not. I don't have any issues going on in my life since i have finally been rid of whatever was visiting me. I am not prone to nightmares. This was not one for sure. Both of these seemed more of a visitation of sorts. Main question is who is visiting who? The more i question this stuff and read about others' encounters, my eyes are beginning to open. I have been prone to very vivid dreams throughout my life since i was very young. Maybe these 'dreams' are not that at all and a glimpse into somewhere else. One can speculate all they want until the those questions are answered. I know i have been hoping for closure to this loss and maybe it is finally happening. It so far has not been an easy one...but anything pertaining to him never was.
Well, See. Now you're into one of those 'wth's'. lolol

One can speculate all they want until the those questions are answered.
My first inclination was to speculate all over the place. ;th

My next inclination was to shut up. :speaknoevil:

I sense this is intensely personal. You're on a journey... might as well kick back and see where it takes ya. Cause, well, you probably have no choice. lololol The Road's gonna take you where it wants you to be. If your friend is already irritated... he might get REALLY upset if we come along. So I'll keep my thoughts to myself (which is not always my nature... okay... GENERALLY not my nature).

Well, See. Now you're into one of those 'wth's'. lolol

My first inclination was to speculate all over the place. ;th

My next inclination was to shut up. :speaknoevil:

I sense this is intensely personal. You're on a journey... might as well kick back and see where it takes ya. Cause, well, you probably have no choice. lololol The Road's gonna take you where it wants you to be. If your friend is already irritated... he might get REALLY upset if we come along. So I'll keep my thoughts to myself (which is not always my nature... okay... GENERALLY not my nature).
I welcome any advice Donna. This does seem very personal to he and i. I knew him for roughly 33 years and he always had a 'tough guy' attitude. When you strip those layers down you found a very cool guy with a lot of intentions. He was one of the people i have met in life that from the first second meeting him, i instantly liked. A kindred spirit of sorts. I have helped him more times than i can count on his bumpy road and even became 'adopted' into his family early on. When our friendship broke, it hurt me more than i care to say. If i am on a road for confrontation...oh my...stand on the side of the road....you got two Mack trucks speeding head on at each other.

Nope! In the case of this woman I kept dreaming of, I knew her as a neighbor back in the early 2000s when I lived in FL. She was much older than I was, and was very kind to me. When I moved away I kept in touch. When she got cancer, I kept dreaming about her; in one dream I was carrying her up a flight of stairs (in real life this would have been impossible as she weighed a lot!) Over the years, she would periodically appear in dreams. About three months ago I dreamed that she told me that she was going home. I sensed that she had passed.
That is actually a beautiful experience Garnet. She reached out to you in a time need. Even if you were not there in person, i feel you gave her what she needed. That gesture warranted a goodbye from her...something few people ever get.

Think i finally got closure to this. Once again i felt brought into his world (by his choice) for what turned into a last hurrah. The past few meetings he seemed happier, this time the happiest i've seen him in years, complete with a new and improved War Wagon (cobwebs and all lol) and family, we had one last adventure of sorts. Every time in life getting together with him was an adventure, so this was no different. Whether this was a visitation or straight up dream, frankly, i don't care. It was something that needed to be. You're in good hands, John. Ride on, my Friend.

Think i finally got closure to this. Once again i felt brought into his world (by his choice) for what turned into a last hurrah. The past few meetings he seemed happier, this time the happiest i've seen him in years, complete with a new and improved War Wagon (cobwebs and all lol) and family, we had one last adventure of sorts. Every time in life getting together with him was an adventure, so this was no different. Whether this was a visitation or straight up dream, frankly, i don't care. It was something that needed to be. You're in good hands, John. Ride on, my Friend.
He possibly worked through all his issues, probably took a long time. I hope this really was his soul moving on.

I seldom return to older posts, but i feel this should be included in this one. I had a dual dream last night including both friends. I was at work and entered a medical building. Not sure why i was there, or do i? I got into line and my buddy Jim happened to be in line with me when the door behind us opened and entered my buddy John. It played out like i was awake and was shocked to see him alive. I turned to Jim and exclaimed my shock to seeing John. Jim just turned and said "I don't know. I'm dead." With puzzled look John walked up and i hugged the poor confused guy lol. I asked the question when i first posted this as to who is haunting who. I am beginning to believe i may be haunting myself. Is it time to let sleeping dogs lie and allow myself (and them) to move on? Not sure where Jim is in this grand scheme, but John seems to have moved on and seems quite content. I can live with that. We will reunite 'one day' and have proper 'time' together...just not now. There are reasons these are different realms and neither really belong in the other. But can i truly let this go? John seems happy in his new 'life' where Jim seems a bit lost. Psycho-babble would state Jim represents me being confused or lost, but my gut tells me differently. Is my gut steering me wrong this time? Should i let myself move on and let Jim figure this out on his own and mind my business? I always want to help people even when help seems impossible. Psycho-babble would also state the medical building i entered was me seeking healing for this. Perhaps. So here i am at yet another crossroad. Do i listen to my gut or the rational to-the-point part of my brain? Just like a quote from some movie...turn the page (to next chapter) and i'll find out. Right now though, i gotta go to work lol.

It would seem that you both have unfinished business. His anger seems to be about resenting having to finish up this business, whatever it is. Maybe next time, just say I forgive you, and see what happens? That is, if you really want to move on. It is intriguing that you keep running into this person, and I agree it is difficult to figure out who is haunting whom?
Well said. I was thinking the exact same thing.

I seldom return to older posts, but i feel this should be included in this one. I had a dual dream last night including both friends. I was at work and entered a medical building. Not sure why i was there, or do i? I got into line and my buddy Jim happened to be in line with me when the door behind us opened and entered my buddy John. It played out like i was awake and was shocked to see him alive. I turned to Jim and exclaimed my shock to seeing John. Jim just turned and said "I don't know. I'm dead." With puzzled look John walked up and i hugged the poor confused guy lol. I asked the question when i first posted this as to who is haunting who. I am beginning to believe i may be haunting myself. Is it time to let sleeping dogs lie and allow myself (and them) to move on? Not sure where Jim is in this grand scheme, but John seems to have moved on and seems quite content. I can live with that. We will reunite 'one day' and have proper 'time' together...just not now. There are reasons these are different realms and neither really belong in the other. But can i truly let this go? John seems happy in his new 'life' where Jim seems a bit lost. Psycho-babble would state Jim represents me being confused or lost, but my gut tells me differently. Is my gut steering me wrong this time? Should i let myself move on and let Jim figure this out on his own and mind my business? I always want to help people even when help seems impossible. Psycho-babble would also state the medical building i entered was me seeking healing for this. Perhaps. So here i am at yet another crossroad. Do i listen to my gut or the rational to-the-point part of my brain? Just like a quote from some movie...turn the page (to next chapter) and i'll find out. Right now though, i gotta go to work lol.
Dude, I have had dreams about an ex girlfriend from many years ago, I swear to you, this woman still visits, my dreams every few months, and has done so, without fail, for the last 23 years! Like Garnett said, I think it’s about unfinished business. I’ve often wondered if she dreams of me as Ive dreamt of her probably not. I’m the one that seems to be having the most trouble letting it go….

I had an ex boyfriend whom, let's just say I would really and truly never wish to run into again. He was horrible. Anyway, I know he has passed, but if I so much as mention his name in casual conversation more than once, he will show up in my dreams.

Last night I dreamed I was traveling in a car with a strange man and am not sure why we were traveling together. The car we were in looked really retro; I am not good at naming makes and models, but it looked like something from the 50's or 60's. Anyway, this beat up racing car on the same road started riding too close to us, and kept deliberately bumping into our car. I looked through the window and it was my ex, with an evil look on his face.

Geez, why can't he let go! I certainly do not miss him, at all.