Which chore do you despise the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
Chores. We all have these necessities of life. The dishwasher needs to be loaded, unloaded and the dishes put away. The carpets need vacuuming. The toilet bowl doesn't clean itself, unfortunately. And if you're a pet owner, keeping the house fresh and clean has an extra set of challenges added in! Most of these we just take in stride as being something that has to be done, but for some of us there is that one chore that we hold in contempt. It is the kite eating tree to our Charlie Brown.

For me, it's leaves. I absolutely hate leaves in the fall. They start falling and just don't seem to stop. I seem to spend most of the fall raking and bagging leaves! When we moved here the only thing about this house that made me even consider not buying it was the number of trees in the yard! Why not hire someone to do it, you ask? I actually did that once, but found that supervising the process was actually worse than doing it myself, because I was constantly pointing out things that were missed. You have to get behind the hedges, too, you know!!

So, what's your kite eating tree?

Cleaning the bathroom! I really don't like cleaning the toilet or the shower. I'm always putting off those two chores.

Reactions: surge
I have two of them. First, emptying the dishwasher. Which is why it's no longer my chore! lol It's good to have a kid at home! :D

My second one is dusting. It always sets off the asthma, but if I don't do it, I get set off from the dust that gets missed. And with 3 dogs and a cat, it's necessary to do pretty much all the time! I've tried every approach to this...the swiffer, the dust cloth, the vacuum, etc. It's one of those ongoing things that just can't be ignored yet I live in dread of it. And it's on my list again today! Drat. :( I shall be a sniffling, snuffling, coughing mess in just a bit....again!

I have two of them. First, emptying the dishwasher. Which is why it's no longer my chore! lol It's good to have a kid at home! :D

My second one is dusting. It always sets off the asthma, but if I don't do it, I get set off from the dust that gets missed. And with 3 dogs and a cat, it's necessary to do pretty much all the time! I've tried every approach to this...the swiffer, the dust cloth, the vacuum, etc. It's one of those ongoing things that just can't be ignored yet I live in dread of it. And it's on my list again today! Drat. :( I shall be a sniffling, snuffling, coughing mess in just a bit....again!
Hopefully when you get rid of that carpet like you were saying before, that will help. I don't have any carpet in my house at all. It really seems to help reduce the dust, because the carpets hold a ton of dust which gets sent all over the house when you vacuum it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Hopefully when you get rid of that carpet like you were saying before, that will help. I don't have any carpet in my house at all. It really seems to help reduce the dust, because the carpets hold a ton of dust which get sent all over the house when you vacuum it.
Yes, my old house had none either and it was soooo much better! I am waiting until at least Spring and then it's outta here! lol This house has it everywhere! I'll be calling in the Peoria gang to help and I really don't care if I just throw vinyl on it. I'm so over this. I don't need pretty...I need function!

Yes, my old house had none either and it was soooo much better! I am waiting until at least Spring and then it's outta here! lol This house has it everywhere! I'll be calling in the Peoria gang to help and I really don't care if I just throw vinyl on it. I'm so over this. I don't need pretty...I need function!
Can you talk to my wife? I'd love to rip out the carpet and put tile down everywhere, but she is partial to the carpet.

Yeah, and vinyl has come a long way in the looks department. I went with vinyl that looks like tile. I've actually had people think the floors were tile it looks so good.

Can you talk to my wife? I'd love to rip out the carpet and put tile down everywhere, but she is partial to the carpet.
With the allergies I have, carpet is the bane of my life! Some people just love carpet and it sounds like your wife is one of THOSE! I'd talk to her, but I don't think it would help! (Unless you can develop an allergy or two! Just sayin'....;))

Yeah, and vinyl has come a long way in the looks department. I went with vinyl that looks like tile. I've actually had people think the floors were tile it looks so good.
I've seen some of the new vinyl and will probably go that way! I do like the stuff that looks like tiles and I've also seen the kind that looks like wood floors. Either one is fine by me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.