Where are they found and what difference does it make?

tribute22

Reaction score
A thought occurred to me. Has anyone anywhere done a very basic study on what countries have some form of cryptids and which ones don't? Something like that could produce interesting results because the countries that don't seem to have any might have some kind of trait that sets them apart from those countries that do report them.

Such a thing would lead to an examination of just what kind of traits those countries have that sets them apart and what is the nature of those differences. Geographic? Weather? Belief systems? Lack of interest?

Reactions: Paintman
A thought occurred to me. Has anyone anywhere done a very basic study on what countries have some form of cryptids and which ones don't? Something like that could produce interesting results because the countries that don't seem to have any might have some kind of trait that sets them apart from those countries that do report them.

Such a thing would lead to an examination of just what kind of traits those countries have that sets them apart and what is the nature of those differences. Geographic? Weather? Belief systems? Lack of interest?
Studies have been done on this and even mapped. Next one I run across I'll post for you!

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
I remember someone figured out that there is a range of latitudes for the Loch Ness monster & The Lake Champlain monster. There are a few other lake monsters in Canada and Japan in that range.
Always wondered if that worked out in similar latitudes In the Southern hemisphere.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
Side note:
Many people have made made maps of large #'s of missing persons in the National Park system. If you overlay that map with a map of US cave systems and mines - It is an uncanny match.

i think just about every country or area has reported / legends of some type of cryptid, except maybe antarctica..(but of course no one is there to record sightings, soooo). bigfoot itself in some form covers most of the world. and most areas have some sort of lake monster. many maps have been made on possible migration routes of various creatures. even david poulides has created such maps in his theories, as paintman stated above, of the national parks systems on missing people. maps of what types of sightings per country/area all the way down to each region/state/location, along with times/dates/ etc... other than frequency of sightings i dont think mapping has produced much in the way of results, basically if people or other wildlife can live in an area and there is an adequate food source, then any animal could live there. ( cryptid being an animal/species not yet discovered)

We don't have many cryptids here in Southern California unless you count movie producers.

Paul has said it pretty well. I think every country has had reports of Big Foot. I think the environment needs to provide cover and a food source. Dog man and the other mix of odd creatures will need the same thing if they have physical needs too. Of course, nobody really knows the true nature of these things and they all may be different entities.

Reactions: crux