When does "old age" really begin?

Aging is a funny thing along with our perception of it. Men always seem to age gracefully for the most part and even look better as they age. Women on the other hand have to work at keeping up appearances. I will say women used to look old at a younger age, perhaps it was because there wasn't good birth control lol. Maybe our chores were harder without the convivences we have today, but I recall my grandmas looking old at 50. Today people look at 50 as a climax in life and women look like they're in there 30's or 40s. I don't know if we are living longer, it seems so. Still, it seems life is too short, we finally get things figured out a bit and get our heads straight and it's time to go.

Aging is a funny thing along with our perception of it. Men always seem to age gracefully for the most part and even look better as they age. Women on the other hand have to work at keeping up appearances. I will say women used to look old at a younger age, perhaps it was because there wasn't good birth control lol. Maybe our chores were harder without the convivences we have today, but I recall my grandmas looking old at 50. Today people look at 50 as a climax in life and women look like they're in there 30's or 40s. I don't know if we are living longer, it seems so. Still, it seems life is too short, we finally get things figured out a bit and get our heads straight and it's time to go.
Have you noticed that men get "craggy" and women get "wrinkles"? There is no wrinkle cream made for men...just sayin'.

Reactions: Lynne
Have you noticed that men get "craggy" and women get "wrinkles"? There is no wrinkle cream made for men...just sayin'.
indeed true. They just get distinguished, and we just get old lol. I use Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood for examples.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: Debi