When Art returns.....

@Smokeball I was also a member of Team Art Bell for SETI.
I joined in the late 90's after hearing Art mention it on air one night.

I had that program running on three computers back then and while we didn't find anything it was still an exciting time to be part of something that could have led to an important discovery.
OK....now you and Smokeball have intrigued me! I heard Art speak of this. What, exactly, did this entail? What did you guys do? Explain to the non-techies here! (That would include me...)

SETI @ Home was a software that you downloaded and internet was required to be on 24/7 for the data to be received and transmitted back.
Essentially each instance of SETI @ Home ran was one computer to decipher potential irregularities from space that could have been from an intelligent race. Such as our old TV shows from the 50's and 70's are now floating in space. An intelligent race may actually be watching those old shows right now!

But we needed a way to batch decipher and Seti @ Home was created.
By utilizing millions of computer systems to read the code and send information back, that greatly expanded the possibility of finding an intelligent signal.

I could be mistaken because it's been a long time.
Thank you! I actually understood most of that! lol (I wonder what programs the aliens like best? ;))

Open line shows are my favourite, I think.

I agree that old guests [while they might be fun once for a update/refresh] might be tired. I am sure there are all kinds of unique people out there and this may be their time to shine. Fresh faces and fresh conspiracies.

David Paulides Missing 411

This would be brilliant. I don't want to bully Noory but I think I'd enjoy an interview with Art asking the questions.

I want to hear Michael S. Heiser.

I enjoy his discussions of God, and his discussions of that Zachariah Sitchen BS about the Annunaki being aliens who engineered humans.

Noory has bought into that nonsense hook-line-and-sinker, so have most of his guests.

I want to hear Michael S. Heiser.

I enjoy his discussions of God, and his discussions of that Zachariah Sitchen BS about the Annunaki being aliens who engineered humans.

Noory has bought into that nonsense hook-line-and-sinker, so have most of his guests.
Welcome to the forum, Cain. Glad to have you with us!