What You Need to Know About The Emperor's Executive Move on Immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets away with this, then what's to stop the next President from taking unilateral action on something else? This is a bad precedent if allowed to stand, and in three years when the next guy decides he wants to use the wand for something else that bypasses Congress, he gets carte blanche.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seahunter
If he gets away with this, then what's to stop the next President from taking unilateral action of something else? This is a bad precedent if allowed to stand, and in three years when the next guy decides he wants to use the wand for something else that bypasses Congress, he gets carte blanche.
And can you imagine the outcry and anarchy if this were a Republican president trying to do this?

Reactions: surge
Ronald Reagan did the same exact thing in the 80's.
I still think Reagan was a good president.
The best in my lifetime even though I despise some of his actions.

Such as the illegal tactics he took against union workers.
When you are president most feel that they can do whatever they wish.
I'm not up to speed on that political history. What did Reagan pass by bypassing Congress?

What I was saying is that Reagan gave amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.
It was supposed to have been a one time only deal.

This was a joint operation with congress.
However I still feel that any rewarding of illegal immigrants is illegal regardless of congressional approval.
I liked Reagan. He actually made an effort to be President, not emperor. And yeah, that was supposed to be a one time deal with that amnesty, and it was stated as such. For Obama to reference that is an attempt to deflect what he himself is doing. Reagan did do it jointly with congress, as is supposed to happen. Obama is deliberately changing law by fiat.

I just don't understand how it's ever a good thing to "reward" people for breaking a law. And that's exactly what he's doing and opening the flood gates at the border.

I'm not defending Obama.
I remember one of his first acts as president was trying to ban Fox news from attending any of the media conferences. If it were not for the major studios such as ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN standing up to the president, Fox would not have had any media privileges during the life of this current administration.
Yeah, I believe that falls under his promise of transparency, right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.