What is time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is very difficult to define without using the word "time". I see it as an arbitrary number assigned to describe the change in something from some instant to an instant that occurs sequentially after something else. So, take a banana and un-peel it. It will change from off-white to brown during the period of the initial instant it was opened and when it becomes brown. The interval between instances, or when it changes color, is the passage of "time". Then it is just a matter of assigning a value, or unit of passage, to be able to quantify how long it takes for an event to occur. It would have begun with larger intervals like how many times the sun came up or went down, and then evolved from there as to how to differentiate occurrences that did not take a full "day".

Last edited:
Reactions: surge
I feel time "flows" differently in different dimensions/planes. Although it may be a constant, it is perceived differently in different dimensions. I base this on several things, although I am not speaking on a purely "scientific" basis here, more of a spiritual one.

My father was a "dreamwalker". I've mentioned this several times in the past. The concept is one can visit other planes in dreams/astral projection and retrieve information. He was always adamant that time was perceived differently on other planes and that what he "predicted" could not be "time stamped." It was just "out there" but time flowed differently here on this plane. Many of his predictions I'm seeing coming true today, so while he may have been considered "wrong" 30 years ago, he's "right" now.

I've had my own experiences with "seeing" events. I also cannot time stamp these things in many cases. I may see them as "close" or "far", but dates don't apply when I see things. It's just "there." Difficult to explain, but it's why I believe time is perceived differently in different dimensions. And then there is always the concept of free will of man....a choice by one can change what one "sees."

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
Status
Not open for further replies.