What is the real reason for Dr.J being replaced ?

rolede

Reaction score
Something just doesn't seem right, was there a major fallout?

Do you mean as producer, rolede? Because we've already been there and had that discussion if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
Something just doesn't seem right, was there a major fallout?

I have no proof other than a gut feeling (which I don't know if I even trust), but I felt the same way about him being replaced as producer--that there was some private disagreement that led to him being replaced quietly.

I'm ashamed I don't know the name of the new producer, because she's doing a fantastic job.

Dr. J is still involved in the producing end of things. Between his own show and doing full time producing for Art, it was a bit much to handle. Heather has stepped in as lead producer and also has assistants.

Reactions: Maphoo
I'm also going to add that IF there were other reasons behind it as seems to be inferred by the thread title, is it really our business? Art is in charge of his show and as such has the right to put any one he wishes into the lead spot. So far, I agree with Firek....it appears to be going pretty well.

Firek -Heather Wade - the new producer is "Redacted" from "That Blog That Must Not Be Mentioned" !

As far as "is it really our business?" Public/Media personalities and their interactions are fair fodder for speculation.

I share that "Gut Feeling" with Firek.

I feel that all is not as it "appears to be" or is "presented".

While I do not find fault with Heather, I find the substitution of someone with little experience over someone with years of it, done suddenly as it was, strangely odd as in "What's wrong with this picture? "

Reactions: mamom
I agree that it ought to be fair game for speculation, but I also don't find it personally very juicy. I just can't work up too much emotion over Dr. J in any way. At first, I thought I didn't care for his show because I was comparing him to Art, but I'm starting to think that he's just not my style, personally. I feel like he's one of those hosts that gets lost among his guests. He doesn't maintain an authoritative presence, and if he's not piloting the ship, then who is? Those are my thoughts, anyway. Maybe I'm just catching bad shows, but I feel like the biggest problem with J is lack of enthusiasm for the amazing potential of his job.

Reactions: Debi
Firek -Heather Wade - the new producer is "Redacted" from "That Blog That Must Not Be Mentioned" !

As far as "is it really our business?" Public/Media personalities and their interactions are fair fodder for speculation.

I share that "Gut Feeling" with Firek.

I feel that all is not as it "appears to be" or is "presented".

While I do not find fault with Heather, I find the substitution of someone with little experience over someone with years of it, done suddenly as it was, strangely odd as in "What's wrong with this picture? "
Producer....Just what is the "past" producer's education ? have they ever produced a simar show before ?work experience ? achievements ? past duties / responsibilities ? was / is Art satisfied with ? what exactly was / is expected of a producer BY Art Bell ? PLUS others....
now same questions for "current" producer.....
MY CONCLUSION: I DO NOT listen to Art Bell to hear his producer..
I DO NOT care who is Art Bell's producer...
My ONLY hope is Art is pleased with ALL involved in his return.....he only needs the right people in the right positions that PLEASE him....NOT please you or I
just sayin'