What explains Bigfoot sightings?

Crux you and I posted the same view at the same time lol. Snap

Reactions: crux
What if they do? There are plenty of examples of mind affecting matter; the collective subconscious of billions could potentially cause some really odd things to happen, whether we know we are doing it or not. Maybe. Once an idea becomes famous, it becomes a loop feeding into itself, ideas with footprints.

I think there is truth in what you say but when footprints are combined with thousands of reported sightings of creatures that fit those prints, I tend to think it more likely the prints were made by a flesh & blood organism.

Reactions: Lynne
Combined with the unlikelihood of anyone having the ability to fake something better than Hollywood could, it makes it more likely to me that the creature filmed was not a fake.

. This film taken by two cowboys with a simple camera is better than what the movie people made in the current movie of the time, “planet of the Apes”. The muscle movement and walking gait would be very hard to match.

the Patterson tape I think will be debated until the end.... there are things in it that go both ways, muscle movement etc... but then there are places where it looks like folds of fabric..so who knows.. but comparing it to Hollywood is not possible....mainly because Hollywood and movies in general are under budget restraints... and horror films get the least amount to work with, its not that Hollywood couldnt do better, its that they have to stay within a budget to make as much profit as possible...so comparing it to films of that era is not really accurate.. yes planet of the apes was cheesy, but 10 years earlier, "the creature from the black lagoon" was much more realistic,...all due to budget and the era... there are horror movies today that have the worst effects ever....(any movie on the scifi network...lol)… but then groups of average ppl who can out do the low budget productions easily....its done all the time just for fun.… so yes I think an ordinary person with the right contacts and setting could have pulled this off, even back then, just as cosplayers today can almost equal the million dollar costumes of the big screen.

the Patterson tape I think will be debated until the end.... there are things in it that go both ways, muscle movement etc... but then there are places where it looks like folds of fabric..so who knows.. but comparing it to Hollywood is not possible....mainly because Hollywood and movies in general are under budget restraints... and horror films get the least amount to work with, its not that Hollywood couldnt do better, its that they have to stay within a budget to make as much profit as possible...so comparing it to films of that era is not really accurate.. yes planet of the apes was cheesy, but 10 years earlier, "the creature from the black lagoon" was much more realistic,...all due to budget and the era... there are horror movies today that have the worst effects ever....(any movie on the scifi network...lol)… but then groups of average ppl who can out do the low budget productions easily....its done all the time just for fun.… so yes I think an ordinary person with the right contacts and setting could have pulled this off, even back then, just as cosplayers today can almost equal the million dollar costumes of the big screen.

A year ago the "Astonishing Legends" guys did a six part series, almost fifteen hours in total, on the PG film. They interviewed at least a dozen experts in film making, costume designers/manufacturers, special effects, zoology/primatology, genetics, period cameras/film, actors who have worn primate/monster suits in movies, and even Gimlin himself. They also unearthed previous interviews of similar experts going back fifty years. Not surprisingly, it was not uncommon for experts in the same field to have diametrically opposed opinions.

If you got the time and want to hear a really deep dive on the topic, here is the link to part one.

Ep 139: The Patterson-Gimlin Film Part 1 — Astonishing Legends

If the Patterson film seems fake to you then it seems fake to you.

I don't see it that way and that's what makes horse races. :)

Reactions: Paulm
A year ago the "Astonishing Legends" guys did a six part series, almost fifteen hours in total, on the PG film. They interviewed at least a dozen experts in film making, costume designers/manufacturers, special effects, zoology/primatology, genetics, period cameras/film, actors who have worn primate/monster suits in movies, and even Gimlin himself. They also unearthed previous interviews of similar experts going back fifty years. Not surprisingly, it was not uncommon for experts in the same field to have diametrically opposed opinions.

If you got the time and want to hear a really deep dive on the topic, here is the link to part one.

Ep 139: The Patterson-Gimlin Film Part 1 — Astonishing Legends
ill watch this as soon as I get a chance... ive heard numerous interviews and talked to many ppl on both sides of this footage... many different opinions and they all just leave you in the same spot you started in..lol, thanks, I will watch this asap.

If the Patterson film seems fake to you then it seems fake to you.

I don't see it that way and that's what makes horse races. :)
not saying it seems fake to me, just saying it cant really be compared to Hollywood... ive watched this footage many times, frame by frame... and there are a lot of parts that are very convincing, but then there are a few frames that show what are/could be folds in material, just saying that there is no absolute proof that is needed for me to be fully on board with this being the proof needed... I wish this was real, but sadly just cant say I fully believe it... then there are the ones who have come out and claimed to make the suit, to be the one who wore the suit, those who claim to be the investors for a film Patterson was going to make etc.... these claims may not all be true, I don't know, but it does seem right for a "blair witch" type project....

Reactions: Benway
ill watch this as soon as I get a chance... ive heard numerous interviews and talked to many ppl on both sides of this footage... many different opinions and they all just leave you in the same spot you started in..lol, thanks, I will watch this asap.

It's a multi-part podcast, not video. I listened to it while driving, mowing the yard, taking walks, etc. I've listened to a number of paranormal related podcasts, and these guys are easily the most objective hosts I've heard.

Not that what I think either way makes any difference, but after listening to AL's fifteen hours and reading/reviewing a number of the sources cited in their copious show notes, I tend toward skepticism, but just slightly. I approach this the same way any trained investigator would....looking at motive, opportunity, and capacity (to fake the film.) The first two are gimmes, Patterson was a known con man, even Gimlin admits that. Opportunity is equally a given, they were the only two (besides Hieronimus, if you believe his story, and I have trouble doing so) there. It's the capability I have a problem with.

We know Hieronimus claims to have worn the suit, and a NC company (Morris) claims to have made the suit. I listened to/read interviews with costume designers and special effects legends who disagree on whether P&G filmed a man in a suit. Same with kinesiologists and actors who've worn gorilla/monster suits in movies on whether the movements in the film are those of a human. Seemingly equally qualified "experts" disagree, so who to believe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and Paulm
It doesn't appear in Urban centers /with dense population (5 plus million .)

It does appear in more rural or ground with uncultivated (un furrowed -no annual row crops)
Like high desert, oak grasslands, & conifer mix.

Does this mean a bigfoot travels through there
Or lives actually within the biome?

Or

Does this mean that bigfoot (aka criptid) is a "projection of human consciousness " /check this phrase meaning/ onto an unrecognized item seen visually

something which IS there in the setting/rural biome?

Or is it a projection from within the recognizing person from themself /ie projecting their own shadow, fears, visually pre conceptualized "nightmares" onto a visual pattern /shadow?

Or is it a mental acuity "like attracts like" magic moment occuring -- where this is the real focus of the individual and they are reeling in that towards them across leylines or portals or what have you
Willy nilly focused unconscious force. Lol stop watching those movies before go camping (note to self)

Does this mean -- oh, so many questions!