Voting tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
There are too many links to post here about tomorrow's election day!!! Just go to Drudge for that!
Yes? No? Gonna? (I just want the ads to go away! lol) Does it matter? lol!

I had originally planned to skip it, because I truly believe that on a national level it doesn't matter. We send someone to Congress who promises to stand up to the DC corruption, and before they can get their moving van unpacked there's a line of lobbyists throwing money at them to vote for this or against that. Just being elected to Congress is enough to corrupt most people.

But at the state and local level we do still have a little say, and it's a state issue that has made me decide to head to the polls tomorrow. There is currently a term limit of six years for those serving in the State House, and an eight year limit on serving in the State Senate. There is a ballot initiative to remove those limits, so I will get out and vote to keep the law as is. I may not even vote in any of the national races.

And yes, please make the political ads go away!!

Sooooo since he was under pressure or behind it makes it ok?!? What if there were important things in there?? They just toss whatever!?!?!?

I arrived at my local polling station at 10:30 yesterday morning, expecting that in my little town of near 1500 people I wouldn't be faced with a crowd at that time of morning. Boy, was I wrong! The line wrapped all the way around the inside of the building, and with only 4 booths I could tell I was in for quite a wait, so I left and went back at around 2:30. This time there were only a half dozen people in front of me, so I was in and out in just a few minutes. I was surprised at the number of people who turned out!

I voted for the Libertarians and Independents so I have a clear conscience, and in the process I got to cast a vote for the King. Sort of, anyway. ;)

sample.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.