Vacation time!

I am not quite ready to stay in a hotel room yet with COVID still around. I realize this may be with us forever and I’ll have to come to terms with it if I want to travel ever again. However I’m not there yet.

Seeing I live an isolated life I thought why not get more isolated, lol. I spent two weeks in the outback with the dogs, the endless horizon and a dome of stars at night. Aussie take on a Tibetan mountain. :relieved:

Seeing I live an isolated life I thought why not get more isolated, lol. I spent two weeks in the outback with the dogs, the endless horizon and a dome of stars at night. Aussie take on a Tibetan mountain. :relieved:
How wonderful !! I thinks that is a good vacation. I would be afraid of your outback though. Everything wants to kill you out there lol.

How wonderful !! I thinks that is a good vacation. I would be afraid of your outback though. Everything wants to kill you out there lol.
Not everything but a lot, lol. I did see a goanna the size of a medium croc run up a small tree and the tree fall down. I was woken one morning to a flock of emus looking down at me and yelled at the tired dogs for not letting me know. When driving there I saw an old time swagman with his cattle dog on the roadside, he looked like something from the last century, I waved and he tipped his hat. 200km's later I saw the same guy and dog, there is no way he could have beaten me there. He laughed at me as I slowed down and when I looked back he'd vanished.

Not everything but a lot, lol. I did see a goanna the size of a medium croc run up a small tree and the tree fall down. I was woken one morning to a flock of emus looking down at me and yelled at the tired dogs for not letting me know. When driving there I saw an old time swagman with his cattle dog on the roadside, he looked like something from the last century, I waved and he tipped his hat. 200km's later I saw the same guy and dog, there is no way he could have beaten me there. He laughed at me as I slowed down and when I looked back he'd vanished.
Now that's creepy lol. Atleast you woke woke with the emu and not him standing over you lol.

I think you may like this because the Indiana Dunes at the south end of Lake Michigan is much the same way.
If you read for five paragraphs at the beginning you'll get the gist of it.
The plant life is interesting because at Lake level at the beach you get grasses that will only grow in sand. And as you ascend 200' you will experience the plant life leading all the way up to pine forest. Crazy amount of animals as you ascend also.
Sounds like a great place to visit. I will have to put that on my list. Thanks for the tip Paint :)

Wow! Do you think it might have been your guardian Angel or guide? What or who do you think it was? That’s incredible.

That sounds like a ghost, to me!

Wow! Do you think it might have been your guardian Angel or guide? What or who do you think it was? That’s incredible.
I didn't think of that. I did think later it may have been me in the future, no home, on the road with just my dog. I think it was a ghost as garnet says but he did interact with me.