Vacation? Spring Break?

I remember planning our summer vacations every year.
There's also Spring Break fast approaching!
What's your best vacation or Spring Break memory?
Are you planning a trip for this year?
Got a recommendation for best place to go?

we usually went to theme parks when they were little. i stopped doing anything since my kurt passed BUT this spring break me and the kids will be doing some fun stuff. We want to go to the library, beach? museum (dont care what lol)

My family used to take me to Polperro, Cornwall, i have many happy memories.

Sunrise on a Cornish fishing village, England Stock Photo
That looks like a wonderful place to vacation. So pretty.

Reactions: Selectric
I never went anywhere on spring break or vacation really because we have always had farm animals. It is hard to get somebody to come reliably 2 times a day, not to mention it is expensive to pay someone for that service. Family will help sometimes but not two times a day unless you really put the pressure on lol. So over nights and little weekend trips happened on occasion but really everything has been within driving distance of home. I wouldn't give up my horses or sheep for anything though. I would still have my sheep if I was younger, there is only so much wool to be spun in a lifetime lol. Having to do yearly sheering is difficult too. I do miss them and get the urge to buy a couple every spring.

I never went anywhere on spring break or vacation really because we have always had farm animals. It is hard to get somebody to come reliably 2 times a day, not to mention it is expensive to pay someone for that service. Family will help sometimes but not two times a day unless you really put the pressure on lol. So over nights and little weekend trips happened on occasion but really everything has been within driving distance of home. I wouldn't give up my horses or sheep for anything though. I would still have my sheep if I was younger, there is only so much wool to be spun in a lifetime lol. Having to do yearly sheering is difficult too. I do miss them and get the urge to buy a couple every spring.

When I was a kid I had an aquarium with tropical fish that I took great pride in and fussed over it daily to feed the fish, watch over the temperature, keep it clean, etc.

Once the family took a vacation and I was worried about my fish. My mom assured me that my uncle would feed my fish every day, etc and it would be fine.

When we got back home from the trip the fish were all gone, the tank was only half full and the water was all dirty. I never got a straight answer on what happened to it.

But, I started over and set up the aquarium again and kept it for years afterward.

When I was a kid I had an aquarium with tropical fish that I took great pride in and fussed over it daily to feed the fish, watch over the temperature, keep it clean, etc.

Once the family took a vacation and I was worried about my fish. My mom assured me that my uncle would feed my fish every day, etc and it would be fine.

When we got back home from the trip the fish were all gone, the tank was only half full and the water was all dirty. I never got a straight answer on what happened to it.

But, I started over and set up the aquarium again and kept it for years afterward.
Yep, you can't trust people to care for your animals when you are not around to supervise or checkup. I had a good friend scheduled for a three-day job to feed and water my sheep and horses. Thank God I had a different friend feeding my in-house pets. This person never came because when I got home none of the grain was gone and everything was as I left it. I had even stopped in to pay this person on my way home! They never said anything about forgetting to come until I confronted them later, and they kept my money! It was a good thing that I had left the stalls open to the pasture and I had large tanks of water set out. They did ok on pasture and that water. I learned a valuable lesson about depending on people for this type of service. I can't even think of leaving a child with anyone other than family.

I hope you brought him home if he was a stray? He is adorable.

He had a collar on. He stayed on island. He was well mannered and definitely trained. I figured he has a home and probably a neighbors dog.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi