UFO detecting kits?

More money to disappear ;ss

Sorry, no idea. I'm not a EE or sensor guy. I do know "UFO detectors" have been available for at least 50 years, I remember seeing ads for them in UFO magazines in the early 70s.

In the bigger picture, I'm skeptical about the viability of any detector/sensor without a clear cut connection between what's detected and what is trying to be detected. For example, radar warning receivers on aircraft are designed to detect specific radar signals that can be directly and factually attributed to specific threats.

Contrast that to sensors like EMF meters used by paranormal investigators. While functional EMF meters do detect electromagnetic fields, there is no evidence ghosts generate electromagnetic fields, or that ghosts even exist for that matter. Flashing lights on an EMF detector set up in a supposedly haunted house does mean an electromagnetic field has been detected, there is nothing that proves that detected field was generated by a paranormal source.

So in the case of any UFO detector, I'd be curious to know what the sensors within are trying to detect (EMF, nuclear radiation, sound level/frequencies, etc.) and how those parameters are factually attributable to UFOs.

83-831427_homer-simpson-pensando-png-homer-simpson-thinking-png (1).jpg

Reactions: Ragnar0711
Sorry, no idea. I'm not a EE or sensor guy. I do know "UFO detectors" have been available for at least 50 years, I remember seeing ads for them in UFO magazines in the early 70s.

In the bigger picture, I'm skeptical about the viability of any detector/sensor without a clear cut connection between what's detected and what is trying to be detected. For example, radar warning receivers on aircraft are designed to detect specific radar signals that can be directly and factually attributed to specific threats.

Contrast that to sensors like EMF meters used by paranormal investigators. While functional EMF meters do detect electromagnetic fields, there is no evidence ghosts generate electromagnetic fields, or that ghosts even exist for that matter. Flashing lights on an EMF detector set up in a supposedly haunted house does mean an electromagnetic field has been detected, there is nothing that proves that detected field was generated by a paranormal source.

So in the case of any UFO detector, I'd be curious to know what the sensors within are trying to detect (EMF, nuclear radiation, sound level/frequencies, etc.) and how those parameters are factually attributable to UFOs.
I do know the MADAR project is used for real time detection and crossed checked with reported sightings from NUFORC and MUFON.

Reactions: Ragnar0711 and Duke