TV vs. talk radio

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The new fall schedule for TV has show premiers popping up all over. The crowd here on the forum appears to be more talk radio oriented, so I have to ask:

Do you prefer radio/internet talk shows over TV? Have your TV viewing habits changed? Are you selective on what programs you do watch on TV? What programs do you watch on TV? Tell me about your TV vs. talk radio preferences!

Reactions: Paintman
Bigbang theroy is one of my favorite newer shows on TV Art's show is the only talk radio I listen to religiously. While I'm driving I like to listen to NPR at night for their weird stories, during the day I listen to sports talk radio unless they have good music on the rock stations. I dont have sirius XM anymore so my choices are limited but If i did I would probably listen to OTR while driving 90% of the time.

I'm a huge fan of Big Bang Theory. Also a fan of The Blacklist. Those two shows I don't miss. I also enjoy So You Think You Can Dance, since I used to be a dancer.....I'm the harshest "judge" around...lol. Otherwise, I'm listening in to radio/podcasts. Bob Bain's The Farside, Clyde Lewis Ground Zero. and Art at night. Otherwise, a news station is on the TV in the background.

Reactions: Firek and Paintman
Truthfully it's talk radio for me most of the day.

If it's not ESPN radio in the mornings tho afternoon

It's s friends show or a possible guest in the evening
And I do also listen to our favorite Duck! :D

Reactions: malliard
During the day when I'm home alone I mostly listen to podcasts or streaming radio. When my wife is home, we watch TV. Lots of football this time of year, and the baseball playoffs are approaching.

Big Bang and Blacklist are must see. :)

Reactions: Paintman and Firek
I have talk radio or music playing most of the day. If I catch anything on TV, it's an hour or two of some Netflix show. It's harder for me to sit and watch TV than it used to be. I always feel like I should be doing something more productive, so I've become much more particular about what I'll sit down to watch, just because I won't be able to watch much of it before I feel like I should get back up from the couch. My latest binge (if you can call it that, still an hour or two every couple days) is the Netflix-produced Narcos about the Columbian drug trade and Pablo Escobar. Very well done. I've been impressed with most of the Netflix originals, actually. Can't beat $8/mo compared to a Time Warner subscription!

The talk is anything from paranormal (of course), to the NPR/Public radio station, to conservative talk (which usually causes me to argue with my device, so I save that for being home alone).

Reactions: surge and Paintman
Lets see, 5-9 am Chicago morning political talk radio (Dan Proft & Amy Jacobson). Sometimes sports.
9-11am Gleen Beck or Relevant Radio ( a Catholic variety type station.)
Rush or Dennis Prager or RR. Mostly Rush.
2-5 pm Chicago comedy radio (Steve Dahl), sometimes Sean Hannity. 3 pm RR.
5-7 pm Local political talk (Joe Walsh ) RR.
Savage has been banned by me until further notice.:mad:
Evenings - baseball, Mark Levin.
Art somebody ?;)
Over the air TV is Fox's 'Gotham' and 'Sleepy Hollow', Sunday night cartoons, and re-runs of Hill Street Blues, The Mentalist, NYPD Blue, Criminal Minds, just discovered Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. PBS as needed. Sat. pm local monster movie host "Svengoolie' http://svengoolie.com/
Gonna check out the resident local pod casts here and broaden my horizons.

Mark Levin needs to work on meditation or he's gonna have a heart attack on air one day. When he starts yelling he sounds exactly like a certain cartoon character to me:

It's uncanny. :p
LOL!!! OMG!