Reaction score
Me and my friends are planning a trip to West Virginian to look for Mothman or some evidence of him there, also to go to the tourist attractions, we're kinda new to the entire Cryptid hunting part of the world of Cryptids (I don't like calling it hunting... cause it sounds threatening:anguished:) I'm wondering what kinda supplies we should bring. Where we should go in the area, when we should go out, stuff like that. As well as other areas we should go for different Cryptids, We'll be starting near New England, going towards the great lake area and then to West Virginia. Just need some tips and stuff. Thanks y'all, peace out

Me and my friends are planning a trip to West Virginian to look for Mothman or some evidence of him there, also to go to the tourist attractions, we're kinda new to the entire Cryptid hunting part of the world of Cryptids (I don't like calling it hunting... cause it sounds threatening:anguished:) I'm wondering what kinda supplies we should bring. Where we should go in the area, when we should go out, stuff like that. As well as other areas we should go for different Cryptids, We'll be starting near New England, going towards the great lake area and then to West Virginia. Just need some tips and stuff. Thanks y'all, peace out
Hi Evan, and welcome to the forum.

Honestly, Cryptid investigation (better word for usage for you there) is not my forte'. What I would suggest before setting off on this venture is contacting some of the actual investigators out there for some tips. Most have FB or websites and may be able to give you some tips. You will probably get some from members here as well, but as some do this for a living, they will have some info for you, I'm sure. One that comes to mind is Connie Willis, who is big into the Crypto community. She has a youtube site and a FB site and does her own investigations. She'd be a great one to contact.

When you get to Point Pleasant, go to the Mothman Museum. You can't miss it, it's downtown in a former Kentucky Fried Chicken. The guy who owns/operates the museum offers tours (in a van) of all the pertinent locations relative to the story, including the TNT area, and gives a detailed running commentary throughout. Knowing what happened where from the tour should give you ideas where you want to conduct your "research." Good luck.

I have never went out looking but I would think you should take the things you need for camping and outdoor safety. Bear spray might be a good take along. Binoculars too might be handy and a good camera.

I have never went out looking but I would think you should take the things you need for camping and outdoor safety. Bear spray might be a good take along. Binoculars too might be handy and a good camera.

If you are going to PP in the late spring through the summer and intend to spend any length of time in the TNT area, in addition to the items Lynne suggested, I'd also recommend insect repellent. There are mosquitoes as big as Buicks in that part of the country.