Those Surveys...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It seems like every store purchase receipt or customer service phone ends with a request for you to take a customer satisfaction survey.

Do you take them?

Do you think the businesses requesting you to take the survey take the results seriously and/or acts on them?

i never take those surveys, but i will leave reviews on items bought if they either exceed my expectations or completely suck and are a rip-off. i think some companies may take notice and make what changes they can, but the bottom line is always about profit, so change will always be the least possible and cheapest solution i think.

I have taken a hospital survey which was followed by a call from them. I had some issues at the ER and a patient coordinator called me to discuss it further. One of the few times I've had direct feedback from someone after a survey.

I also took a Kroger survey once and actually won a small gift card from that. It may have been their way of calming me down, as I was (and still am) pretty ticked with them.

I have taken a hospital survey which was followed by a call from them. I had some issues at the ER and a patient coordinator called me to discuss it further. One of the few times I've had direct feedback from someone after a survey.

I also took a Kroger survey once and actually won a small gift card from that. It may have been their way of calming me down, as I was (and still am) pretty ticked with them.
i sent walmart an e-mail once about their poor customer service and told them i would not be back, they sent me a 50 dollar walmart gift card and proved me wrong....lol...evil s.o.b's

I get a little tired of constantly being asked for feedback and compliments, especially when it is a business that I do regular business with. I am still shopping there, aren't I? ;er Which leads me to wonder if they are even taking it seriously if they don't notice that I just answered those same questions one day ago.

My put is similar to Paul's in that I will do a review/survey usually only if the product or service was outstanding or awful. I'm far more apt to do a written or online survey than a post phone call survey.

walmart has what is called the walmart customer spark community, it is by invite only. you can get points that add up to free gift cards and products.... shhh, dont tell'em i told you, its supposed to be highly confidential. but if you write a review and rate the products you purchase on walmart.com you will get an invite in a few months to join the "club" via an e-mail................this message will self destruct in 10, 9, 8, 7..................

I think they have a hide asking for this, they should be content I bought something off them. If I get bad service or they are rude I just don't shop with them and tell others. If they are polite and helpful I'll pass this on too.

I fill out the surveys for my local grocery store. I'm on a ' say hello' basis with a lot of the people there from the cashiers and bag boys to the managers. Always talk politics with the butcher - and he sets me up !

They used to have a pretty piss-poor produce section. And a few years ago they really turned it around and I always say hi to those guys because I'm crazy about vegetables.

One day the produce manager asked me if I would go on Facebook and say that I liked it because they had some bad reviews. You bet ! And again they take care of me.

Also visit three different True Value hardware stores and they are owned by the same family. When I talk to the owners I praise the good customer service and...... they know me by now and know I'm coming from a good place when I say certain things. Hey you have too many people on the payroll standing around doing nothing and they should be tidying up the Isles.

Or when a guy was brand new at paint mixing - I suggested that they get some more training. ( the guy was about to make a $40 mistake for the third time - I told him to forget about it because I had to go.) I don't want to see these guys lose money.

And the owners let me negotiate paint prices.

My put is similar to Paul's in that I will do a review/survey usually only if the product or service was outstanding or awful. I'm far more apt to do a written or online survey than a post phone call survey.
Yep you wrote what I was thinking. I’m the same Duke.