The Star Trek Conspiracy

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Truth Seeker's Guide: The Star Trek Conspiracy - Part One

The Star Trek Conspiracy - Part One

“Space… the final frontier!”
These four instantly recognisable words will forever be associated with the phenomenon known as Star Trek. Six shows (a total of 726 episodes) and 11 feature length movies later, the effect of this sci-fi landmark on the minds of millions cannot be underestimated. So powerful is it’s sway, that it has shaped academic careers, created new languages, influenced global policies and created a vision of the future where war, poverty and hatred has been eliminated and all of humanity is equal.

So what happens when the suggestion is raised that not everything about this behemoth is what it appears to be? As with all things that fall into the sphere of mythical archetypes and cults of personality, questioning intent and purpose can be akin to sticking your head inside a bees nest! Holding up mass values and perceptions to the cold light of day can (at best) trigger an instant denial reaction or (at worst) the threat of reprisals. Just take a look at the mass reaction to the ‘Faux Paul’ research in relation to The Beatles…

A superficial look at the possible hidden aspects of Star Trek won’t get you very far. Many of the knee jerk reactions consider that the ‘proof’ can be found in relation to various religious agendas (Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry’s Baptist upbringing in relation to the TV industry in the 1960s) although (in reality) there is very little evidence to substantiate these claims. This doesn’t mean that the idea of a Star Trek ‘agenda’ is unfounded though. In order to get an idea of a possibly larger picture, one needs to play a game of ‘degrees of separation’. Some may say that doing this only shows a bunch of coincidences, but I encourage any open minded person to look at these factors carefully before drawing conclusions.

The first place to start is with Gene Roddenberry. Was he a Freemason?! Many speculate (and even state) that he was a 33rd degree of the Scottish rite, although there appears to be no obvious evidence in this case. However, this doesn’t rule out a Freemasonic association entirely. It does seem interesting that the initial names of both the ship and captain have some significance. Roddenberry wanted to stick with Captain Pike (a name synonymous with Freemasonry: Albert Pike) although this link is tenuous. More interesting though is the ship itself. Roddenberry was determined, for a considerable amount of time, to name the vessel “Constitution”. Those who have looked into Freemasonic history will know that on March 17th, 1926, Major General Henry Knox lodge was constituted on the gun deck of the US Navy ship “USS Constitution”. More importantly, this was the only Lodge in the world ever to be instituted on an active ship of war. Although the starship name eventually became “Enterprise”, the ship remained a “constitution class starship”.
http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/USS_Constitution_Sebastian_Miniature.htm

On a more esoteric level, the original series is littered with (what some refer to as “illuminati”) symbolism. Whilst many will argue for eternity about the true inferences of the Vulcan “live long and prosper” salute, more revealing examples can be found. The similarity of both the Starfleet uniform patch and the Vulcan IDIC pin to the Pyramid and ‘all seeing eye’ is a little strange. Indeed, the origin of the IDIC pin is explained in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode – “The Forge” – as an attainment of heightened knowledge upon reaching the summit of Mount Seleya on Vulcan. The Pyramid is also witnessed as a hand gesture on several occasions in one episode of the original series and in costume designs and set pieces throughout the original run. Jack the Ripper (freemasonic undercurrents) was also integral to the plot of the episode: “Wolf in the Fold”.

This alleged connection between Roddenberry and Freemasonry is mere peanuts compared to the more extensively documented associations that he would have during his life. His connections with all branches of the military/industrial/ scientific complex, and various political arenas, were vast to say the least. He had contact with several high profile figures in the United Nations which, he admitted, played a huge part in influencing his notion of an all-encompassing “Federation” of various nations/planets who ruled “benevolently” over countless individuals. This influence is clearly noted in the similarities between the flags of the UN and United Federation of Planets.

Andrija Puharich
This may not have been the only influence on the “Federation” concept though. From (at least) the mid-1970s, Roddenberry became associated with a little known group called “Lab9”. According to Lynn Picknett & Clive Prince (authors of “The Stargate Conspiracy”), Lab9 was a research facility based in New Jersey and was the brainchild of American Army physician and parapsychologist Andrija Puharich. “They included scientists interested in the interface between quantum physics and consciousness besides members of super-rich families, politicians and writers.” (“Behind the Mask: Aliens or Cosmic Jokers?” by Picknett & Prince)

Full story at site

OK, weigh in on this one. Was there a Star Trek conspiracy? Was Roddenberry part of a scheme to bring hidden info to the public? What say you?

Reactions: Lynne
Good post. Lots to think about. I don't see the conspiracy. I believe that Gene Roddenberry, like many writers created associations with various groups to stay informed about science, technology, military and other knowledge areas to assist with his writing and to fuel his thirst for knowledge.

The conspiracy angle lies in the question of whether ST was influenced by the government to start getting us used to the idea of Global government or ET's. I agree, most writer's just want the info, but was there a push from a government agencies to add in certain aspects of the story line to influence people?

Reactions: Lynne
hqdefault.jpg

Good post. Lots to think about. I don't see the conspiracy. I believe that Gene Roddenberry, like many writers created associations with various groups to stay informed about science, technology, military and other knowledge areas to assist with his writing and to fuel his thirst for knowledge.
I agree with critter on this. I think he was a forward thinker that associated with people and groups that fueled his imagination. It is fun to speculate tho. Star Trek always caused you to consider new ideas too. So we debate the old question ; does life imitate art or the reverse ?

The conspiracy angle lies in the question of whether ST was influenced by the government to start getting us used to the idea of Global government or ET's. I agree, most writer's just want the info, but was there a push from a government agencies to add in certain aspects of the story line to influence people?
Could be!