The Hat Man

As well as these things feeding off our energy. It takes something to manifest, so why not bleed some from their intended host.
if there is a connection between these and the beliefs of "reaper" (broad descriptin for whatever these may be)..type entities, it dousnt take anything to manifest. complete different type being than spirits or others. they have a specific purpose and free reign to achieve it. but the intense impression it makes and the energy expended to those with abilities could be massive. and someone with abilities may not be their intended host. one of the reasons ive had an interest in these type beings does come from an experience i had long ago. i didnt see anything, no shadow figure, no hatman etc... just a feeling, but there was no doubt what i was feeling. and it was terrifying,... and draining. but even still i have to ask myself if it was real. the logical side wants to forget it and let it go, but then theres something that i cant deny. so am curious on this topic. i dont hunt ghosts or deal with what is on the other side of the veil. but this does get my attention and like hearing others opinions and ideas concerning this

i didnt see anything, no shadow figure, no hatman etc... just a feeling, but there was no doubt what i was feeling. and it was terrifying,... and draining.
I have been through that myself. Not knowing what is actually happening is mind numbing. Until all possibilities are exhausted is when things begin to be pieced together. Main reason i came here.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
Well, if they fall in this category, it may well explain why they do not respond to commands. They may have their own mission to fill.

Now, the other ideas have been these things are actually projections from the future looking in and checking on specific targets or alien in nature. So far I have not been able to fit the square peg into the round hole on any of these theories.

Well, if they fall in this category, it may well explain why they do not respond to commands. They may have their own mission to fill.
exactly, and why they may not give off an "evil" vibe. scary though, yep......

Now, the other ideas have been these things are actually projections from the future looking in and checking on specific targets or alien in nature. So far I have not been able to fit the square peg into the round hole on any of these theories.
same here, just cant get that missing piece that definitely connects any of it together. i tend to look more at the legends and beliefs of the past more than the theories of the present. the present ideas/theories try to connect everything from a scientific view, even the inter-dimensional theory takes the spiritual part out of the equation and makes it "normal" (even if not so much...lol)... i still believe there is a spiritual aspect to most on this side of the paranormal topics. not to be explained with science. i dont believe the spiritual level, GOD, spirits, angels, ghosts, etc... are of a dimension in the sense we look at or consider interdimensional... i dont believe if we could travel from one dimension to the next we could freely interact with that "dimension". and for me, to consider that as a possibility is a dangerous step to take in as far as it makes that side less dangerous. almost normalized...... that may not make sense to some though.....

I grew up on that terminology. Semantics is a bear, but it can impact the conversation.
especially the "interdimensional" term... with todays theories and experiments with trying to prove interdimensional travel and such...really expands the meaning and status of the term to where it is beyond, or just no longer fits these type topics.... sure, they can and do come into play on some topics and should be considered to an extent on others. but like other theories they have to be set aside for other possibilities or answers to come along also. not to be allowed to become a tunnel visioned "this is what science says" kinda path that blinds us to anything else.....

The creepy encounters involve the old hag woman
As a kid I would often wake up at night to what sounded like an evil witch cackling in my ear. One night I got the courage to sit up and face the sound and there was a wrinkly old hag laughing right next to my face. It scared the s--- out of me but It never happened again after this. I really think these things are sent to test or toughen you up.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
usually omens of tragedy or death. the reaper/s could fit this category.
Just before my brother died we both saw these 3ft tall reaper or monk looking entities in the family house and front yard. Once we were together, the other times on our own. They just stood looking at us, no face or hands just the hooded cloaks. There were three together in the front yard. They were solid figures rather than ghost like and they faded after around 30 seconds.