The Hat Man

Could very well be. Some encounters...not just shadow beings...can cause health issues. The main question is not who they are...but what their true agenda is. If they are there primarily for harm, then imo they are one of the bad guys. What could be the odds of just their presence effecting people even without malicious intent? Go back in time and carry a virus or disease and next thing you know, all encountered are infected. Could a sickness be a by-product of their visit?
Interesting point Select, investigators are looking at just that in regard to other paranormal activity.

As a kid I would often wake up at night to what sounded like an evil witch cackling in my ear. One night I got the courage to sit up and face the sound and there was a wrinkly old hag laughing right next to my face. It scared the s--- out of me but It never happened again after this. I really think these things are sent to test or toughen you up.
Or like a bully, they will bother you till you use your authority and stand up to them.

Just before my brother died we both saw these 3ft tall reaper or monk looking entities in the family house and front yard. Once we were together, the other times on our own. They just stood looking at us, no face or hands just the hooded cloaks. There were three together in the front yard. They were solid figures rather than ghost like and they faded after around 30 seconds.
Wow Oz, that is a scary memory and a true paranormal experience since you both saw it. Do you think it was an omen to his passing?

Wow Oz, that is a scary memory and a true paranormal experience since you both saw it. Do you think it was an omen to his passing?
It looks that way, I just imagined the grim reaper to be a tall entity but these things were 3ft and like little monks. I've heard of other people seeing these but can't remember what happened with their sightings. They weren't threatening or scary, they looked like they were observing. Sort of like vultures waiting for a death, horrible when I think back.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
It looks that way, I just imagined the grim reaper to be a tall entity but these things were 3ft and like little monks. I've heard of other people seeing these but can't remember what happened with their sightings. They weren't threatening or scary, they looked like they were observing. Sort of like vultures waiting for a death, horrible when I think back.
I've heard a few things about the hooded monk figures. The only reference I can currently find is on this link.

I've heard a few things about the hooded monk figures. The only reference I can currently find is on this link.

Thanks Debi, a couple of the small hooded figures described on there. If I ever see them again I'll be wary of something going to happen I think.

I've never had a Hat Man experience but the phenomenon intrigues me. From all accounts it sounds like something very ancient and powerful, but not evil or malicious. Which suggests to me an entity that may have existed for longer than humans. However, the wearing of hats especially of the Hat Man style is relatively new. Did it adopt this look as a way to mimic the humans it visited? If so then what did it look like before these kinds of hats were a thing.

I'm also wondering if it's not actually a Hat but a part of whatever this thing is. There have been depictions of ancient entities throughout human history that have animal like features such as pronounced brows or horns. Could this Hat Man have physical features we don't recognize or understand? What looks like a horned head to someone living 1,000 years ago look kinda like a fedora to someone living today?

I've never had a Hat Man experience but the phenomenon intrigues me. From all accounts it sounds like something very ancient and powerful, but not evil or malicious. Which suggests to me an entity that may have existed for longer than humans. However, the wearing of hats especially of the Hat Man style is relatively new. Did it adopt this look as a way to mimic the humans it visited? If so then what did it look like before these kinds of hats were a thing.

I'm also wondering if it's not actually a Hat but a part of whatever this thing is. There have been depictions of ancient entities throughout human history that have animal like features such as pronounced brows or horns. Could this Hat Man have physical features we don't recognize or understand? What looks like a horned head to someone living 1,000 years ago look kinda like a fedora to someone living today?
He seems to look like other shadow beings except his type is identified by the fedora type hat. I have heard report of him also wearing some type of long coat. Is it the same character or a certain rank of entity? Oddly the men in Black are described as wearing cloths and driving cars from a bygone era too. men usually don't wear dress hats anymore. Probably no connection but I thought I would mention it.

They have been seen wearing many different hats, like top hats. The chameleon theory could fit and they present themselves as they see fit. Could very well be our brain can't quite visualize what they truly look like and we fill with familiar items to compensate. Lynne mentioned the MiB and there have been a few theories they may be the same thing. So many unknowns to put a finger on totally.