The "eyes" have it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've always had a bit of a fascination for eyes. This is a two-fold interest, probably triggered by my own set of unusual peepers.

I have been blessed/cursed with unique/unusual eyes. Most people have a lovely color and a pupil in the middle. Me? I've got a ring of black, the pupil in the middle and not a lot of color between. It can be quite shocking to some people and although most people find them pretty, it can scare the bejeebers out of some. I've had children say they look "spooky." The little color in there can be viewed as anything from light turquoise to aqua...depending on what I'm wearing. They tend to reflect color.

The other part of my fixation is the theory that one can "see the soul in the eyes." I tend to believe this is true. You can look at some people and just see the gentle soul looking back at you. Then there are the others, like the recent photos you see of the mass killers, who look like they have a demon staring back at you.

So, my question today is two-fold:

What color are your eyes?
AND
Do you think the soul can be seen in someone's eyes? Do you have a theory about this as to why?

Oh yes, the eyes are the windows to the soul.

I was born with blue eyes, and all my brothers have blue eyes as well. So did my dad. We got it from my irish grandmother, my dad's mom.

I have seen eyes filled with love, but also with cruelty in other eyes. I always look a person deeply in the eyes when I first meet them for the first time. So far, I am batting near perfect. I have noticed over the years that doing this, makes some people uncomfortable, but with others they look back deeply too. It's the ones that look back that you know what they are. The ones that won't look back? Something is wrong there. Doesn't mean they are bad people, but something is wrong in their consciousness.

Reactions: Debi
Mine are mostly green, but there is a small ring of hazel around the pupils. My mom's were like that, too, only lighter green than mine are.

Yours sound interesting, Debi!

I do believe the eyes are the window to the soul. You can, in my experience, get a pretty good handle on what kind of person someone is by looking into their eyes. I think your eyes reflect your true self.

Thanks, Surge. Interesting is a good description! lol It always starts a conversation, for sure. You know those contacts people get for Halloween with the white out eyes? Yeah, kinda like that with just a touch of color. I've been asked numerous times if they're contacts for effect. No one else in my family has them so I don't know where these peepers come from and no, I'm not adopted...which is the other thing I'm asked a lot when I'm with siblings. I just tell them I'm a fairy changeling child and that usually brings a bit of nervous laughter to the conversation. I lightened up my hair some because my natural black hair made the light eyes just that much more "out there" and intimidating to some. Pretty witchy, for sure! ;)

Pretty witchy, for sure! ;)
That sounds gorgeous. I'm a bit jealous as I have run of the mill brown eyes, but at least they are almond shaped. I got my mother's eyes. My dad has green eyes and I always wish I had gotten his color, but my mother's eye shape (almond).

I always look at people in the eyes when interacting with them, but use my spidey senses to suss out someone else. If I feel a nervousness around them, I know they are not trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.