The Book Within

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
THEY SAY EVERYONE HAS A BOOK WITHIN THEM. WE HAVE A MEMBER CURRENTLY WRITING ONE WHICH BROUGHT ABOUT THIS QUESTION!

SO! WHAT WOULD YOUR BOOK BE ABOUT AND WHAT'S THE TITLE?

Well...the first book I wrote was called "The Stone Keeper". It involves magic, children and plenty of adventure and I'm still trying to get it published so I don't want to say too much more. My second one is half written and again, I don't want to "jinx" it by saying too much! Sorry :laughing:

Well...the first book I wrote was called "The Stone Keeper". It involves magic, children and plenty of adventure and I'm still trying to get it published so I don't want to say too much more. My second one is half written and again, I don't want to "jinx" it by saying too much! Sorry :laughing:
I'm just happy to hear you're writing! YAY!

• Love it
Reactions: RoseRed
Ohhh I want to read it when it’s published. Btw I know a person that gets books published.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Not a book in my case, but a screenplay.

I enjoy breaking out my scripting software and dabbling. I have been doing it for years as a hobby. Nothing serious for publication, just for fun - until a chance meeting on a scripting forum some time ago.

I have spent time researching the British Commando raid on the port at St Nazaire in German-occupied France during WWII, and with a couple of other writers, we are looking at producing a movie script based on the event. The title (at present) is 'Operation Chariot: The Greatest Raid'.

It is a military story that fascinates me, and very few people actually know, or have even heard, about the heroics of the British Commandos that took part in this utterly crazy operation!

The commandos suffered terribly during the raid (of the 612 men (Royal Navy and Commandos) who took part, only 228 managed to return to England. They faced around 5,000 German troops garrisoned in the town and port.......), but although deemed an impossible mission by Allied Command, it was a huge success in its objective to deny the battleship Bismarck drydock access in close proximity to the Atlantic. The target of the raid (the Normandie dock) was destroyed beyond repair for the remainder of the war.

If the Germans had succeeded with this plan, it is believed that England would have been forced into starvation, through mass losses of vital supplies from the USA being transported by the Allied merchant traffic (it was bad enough with the U-Boat attacks, let alone the potential for the Bismarck to get in on the action), and WWII may have ended very differently for the country............

The story makes a fascinating background for an action film. It might not go anywhere, but we will have fun doing it ;)