the best paranormal show on tv

lesjames

Reaction score
the best paranormal show on TV would have to be ghost adventures because all of there findings are verified by scientific equipment and eye witness accounts of events and the amount of evidence the collect on each one of there investigations

I agree. I look forward to every episode and is one of the reasons I subscribe to cable. That and Skinwalker Ranch are my favorites.
BTW when I was thinking of learning more about ghost hunting I learned how much jealousy there is in this field. Being a newbie I went to a few clubs to see if I fit in. One club of ghost hunters loved Ghost Adventures. The other didnt and said they were drama kings and only fake. I have been to vegas and in their museum twice. Neither time I would go in the room with the dybuk box I think it was called. Its been two years since there.I also wouldnt go see the doll that is featured often but I did go to Dr Kevorkians van and all the other exhibits. It was the highlight of my vegas trip. Much better than losing money and feeding.

Like Debi, I like The Holzer Files. I also like Kindred Spirits, Dead files and the original Ghost Hunters. Way back when, I'd watch "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy.

Ghost Adventures is one that I'll watch for entertainment. You have to remember though, Television Shows are meant to entertain. So much work goes into an investigation and it's not always "bumps in the night." They have to make it entertaining so you'll watch the show. I have to admit that Ghost Adventures ramps up the entertainment.

Last edited:
Destination Fear is one of my favorites too. I really like the cast as they are young and funny. Dont take themselves too seriously and have authentic smiles all through the episodes. The last edition was at Randolph County Infirmiry. The action was real and the scares were felt by me as I watched. It even had a funny part that made me laugh out loud when Chelsea the sister of Dakota placed her brothers name in the hat 4 times as it was assured he would get the worst spot for the night. He naturally picked his name and was upset. From then on the show just got better and better and is now my favorite series. But Ghost adventures had a great episode too at a hotel in the desert which I can tremember the name. They got a shadow person looking out of a room where they placed toys for kids to play with. Excellent evidence on that episode too. Holzer files is awesome too. I guess I love them all but for pure entertainment its ghost adventures and a likeable crew its destination fear. But they are all good this year, I am glad I have cable for once.

Reactions: trickylacey14
I guess I’m partial to the original Ghost Hunters. The differences between any of them are so slight. They all seem to collect the same degree of evidence.

Destination Fear is owned by Zak Bagans. Remember that Dakota did an apprenticeship on the GA Crew for a couple of years before Zak sent him on the road with his own crew.
I haven't heard if DF has been renewed, I hope so. They are a dynamic, young group and fun to watch.

Ghost Hunters is officially dead, Ghost Nation is probably also dead. Holzer Files is good but I've seen them all. Even if they make more, at some point they are going to run out of cases.

Reactions: Lynne
Skinwalker Ranch is my favorite. Now, for pure ghost hunters, I would say watch The Holzer Files.
Totally agree on Holzer files. I must admit i like all the main ghost shows. I know some are hokey but they’re still entertaining.